So I went to Chili's the other day ...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: MX2
Go to Flinger's, they have great chili

Flinger's? I am guessing there are no locations in Texas :p

Is there a Chotchkies nearby:p

Texas just has crappy chili I guess. :(

OK, I'll take the time and try to explain this to you. There is this movie called Office Space that bombed in the theaters, but became a cult DVD classic, about disaffection with the workspace. While most of the satire in this film is directed towards the cubicle hell that is software development, it also makes fun of the banality of casual dining chains by depicting Jennifer Anniston as a ennui filled waitress at a fictional Applebee's clone called Chotchkies, which is sandwiched between a Chili's and a Flinger's. Chotchkies has all things that make casual dining places suck; the stupid uniforms with their insipid bottons with stupid phrases, like "we're not in Kansas anymore," on them, the superbly annoying, perky waiters, the grossly square manager with the mustache, etc. Basically, it is there to show how terrible casual dining restuarants are, how much they sucks to work at, and why one shouldn't eat at them.

That said, MX2 referenced Chotchkies as a miled pique to make fun of your going to a bad casual dining restuarant and the lack of taste this displays. Your inability to realize this and your foolish response is, quite frankly, hilarious. Upon reading "Texas just has crappy chili I guess. :(," most, if not all, of the readers of this thread lol'ed at your stupidity and credulity, thinking to ourselves, in effect, "what a rube." Some may pity you, but most will mock you. Given your posts tonight, mockery is probably the most common reaction people have to you, but they are too polite to do so obviously enough to penetrate that grossly thick skull of yours.

In the end, there is only one solution; suicide. Do us, yourself, and the human gene pool a favor and end it all. Don't leave a note because no one cares. Goodnight, goodbye, and good luck.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: preslove

OK, I'll take the time and try to explain this to you. There is this movie called Office Space that bombed in the theaters, but became a cult DVD classic, about disaffection with the workspace. While most of the satire in this film is directed towards the cubicle hell that is software development, it also makes fun of the banality of casual dining chains by depicting Jennifer Anniston as a ennui filled waitress at a fictional Applebee's clone called Chotchkies, which is sandwiched between a Chili's and a Flinger's. Chotchkies has all things that make casual dining places suck; the stupid uniforms with their insipid bottons with stupid phrases, like "we're not in Kansas anymore," on them, the superbly annoying, perky waiters, the grossly square manager with the mustache, etc. Basically, it is there to show how terrible casual dining restuarants are, how much they sucks to work at, and why one shouldn't eat at them.

That said, MX2 referenced Chotchkies as a miled pique to make fun of your going to a bad casual dining restuarant and the lack of taste this displays. Your inability to realize this and your foolish response is, quite frankly, hilarious. Upon reading "Texas just has crappy chili I guess. :(," most, if not all, of the readers of this thread lol'ed at your stupidity and credulity, thinking to ourselves, in effect, "what a rube." Some may pity you, but most will mock you. Given your posts tonight, mockery is probably the most common reaction people have to you, but they are too polite to do so obviously enough to penetrate that grossly thick skull of yours.

In the end, there is only one solution; suicide. Do us, yourself, and the human gene pool a favor and end it all. Don't leave a note because no one cares. Goodnight, goodbye, and good luck.

ouch

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: DainBramaged

ouch

Ouch, that did hurt.

I know of the movie Office Space -- it was filmed in Las Colinas right outside of Dallas. I was just never anal enough to memorize the name of the restaurant.

Should I make a thread about Bob's Steak and Chop House? Or maybe The Mansion on Turtle Creek? Would you be more impressed if I said I spent $100 per plate every night for dinner?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
why you named yourself after a crappy grocery chain i will never know

edit: yes, i know about the enchilada place

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: ElFenix
why you named yourself after a crappy grocery chain i will never know

edit: yes, i know about the enchilada place

Okay then, we are both men of mystery.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Upon reading "Texas just has crappy chili I guess. :(," most, if not all, of the readers of this thread lol'ed at your stupidity and credulity, thinking to ourselves, in effect, "what a rube." Some may pity you, but most will mock you. Given your posts tonight, mockery is probably the most common reaction people have to you, but they are too polite to do so obviously enough to penetrate that grossly thick skull of yours.

I might just remember you forever for this bit. Or at least until Alzheimer's takes over and I think Office Space is where aliens with pocket protectors come from.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

OK, I'll take the time and try to explain this to you. There is this movie called Office Space that bombed in the theaters, but became a cult DVD classic, about disaffection with the workspace. While most of the satire in this film is directed towards the cubicle hell that is software development, it also makes fun of the banality of casual dining chains by depicting Jennifer Anniston as a ennui filled waitress at a fictional Applebee's clone called Chotchkies, which is sandwiched between a Chili's and a Flinger's.

It was TGI Friday's being lampooned actually.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

OK, I'll take the time and try to explain this to you. There is this movie called Office Space that bombed in the theaters, but became a cult DVD classic, about disaffection with the workspace. While most of the satire in this film is directed towards the cubicle hell that is software development, it also makes fun of the banality of casual dining chains by depicting Jennifer Anniston as a ennui filled waitress at a fictional Applebee's clone called Chotchkies, which is sandwiched between a Chili's and a Flinger's.

That is true, so does that refute everything he said in the post? :(

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

They're all the same. That's the whole freaking point :p