So I participated in road rage today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoT

May 18, 2010
www.codisha.com
I swear that my DMV recommends a molotov cocktail across the windshield at that point. Or at least dual middle fingers.

exactly! =)

if someone woulld provoke an accident by hitting the brakes because they feel i am little too close, i jump in the front and return the favor.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
By the way, OP, in this situation I just release those little spike balls behind me and blow out the tires of my would-be adversary.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I wound up behind two tools like you on a crowded freeway a few weeks ago. Their quick and drastic speed changes and weaving in and out of the lanes almost caused multiple accidents over about 120 seconds. They both got off on the same exit and I heartily hope they got into a fistfight and got arrested.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I had a guy try that with me once. I got off the freeway and drove down some side streets. The fool kept tailgating, so I drove down a dead end street. Right near the end of the street, I accelerated, did a u turn and blocked off the street. I got out of my car with one hand behind my back and I motioned for the guy to get out of his car. He didn't. He just sat there with his hands on the wheel staring straight ahead. I kicked out his drivers side window and punched him in the face a few dozen times. He just sat there the whole time. Didn't say a word.

Like, omg, that happened to you too?!

We must be long lost brothers.

Supersonic64

Jun 9, 2010
This one time, I was exiting a shopping center and this small black guy motions me to go and as I'm going, he decides that he's not gonna let me go any more and starts moving forward. So I gun it and get in front of him and while I'm doing this I give him the finger for being a douchebag. So he decides to try and follow me but I notice an opening in the right lane so I went in and made a right turn on a road. So he starts following me down this two lane road and trying to get next to my window, by now I'm pushing 80MPH and this guy just won't quit, so I got wide open throttle up to 110MPH on this residential road and the guy gives up, makes a U-turn and goes away.

Basically, I was just pissed at the fact that he gave me a chance to go (visually) and then decided to not let me go a few seconds later.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Yesterday there was someone behind me as we entered a stretch of construction on the highway out here. about 8 miles of 1 lane where both north and south bound are on the same side. He was flying before we got there and i just happened to merge in front of him. Speed limit in the zone was 55, and i was going 65 on the CC. The dude behind me was riding me so hard i couldn't see his license plate. being the dick that i am i started slowing down in 1 mph increments and did this until we were going about 40. looking in my rear view mirror i could see the guy having a fit and it was hilarious. waving his hands all around and shit. i stuck my hand outside the window and waved at him.

He then actually passed me on the right where there was an exit ramp and went flying on his way. after the zone was over i was cursing at about 80 and you could see him just pulling further and further ahead. 5 miles up the road he was having a nice conversation with 2 state troopers

i loled

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I don't have a cool rage story to share, but I'll tell you about my commute anyhow. I hit all green lights today and got to work early. Good times. :thumbsup:

Lean L

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2009
I think that I'm going to promise myself to drive like a sane person from now on. This is just not worth it at all.

May 13, 2009
About a couple months ago I was behind a guy coming back from the gym. He was driving really slow in an old little beater pickup truck so I passed him. About a mile or so later we run into a railroad crossing with a train passing. I stopped and he was not far behind. I didn't think nothing of it cause I had no reason to believe the guy was mad because I didn't do anything wrong. I see the guy flipping me the bird out his window and I'm confused. He starts yelling "i love you". I just ignored him and when we finally left the railroad crossing we get on the highway and he pulls up next to me and starts mad dogging me. I'm kinda irritated at this point but I ignored him and he finally drove off. All I kept thinking was seriously dude I'm not the guy to be playing with. Of course at this point in life I'm not gonna get out of the car and throw down with some idiot but if I was attacked and I have to defend myself it's a different story.