Question So...I murdered my video card...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Last weekend, I took my PC apart to blow the dust out...in the process, I stuck my fat fingers into one of the fans on my ASUS 2070 dual card and broke two blades. :eek: ASUS won't just sell a replacement fan, so I sent it to them for repair....their reply today...$499 plus sales tax. o_O

So, rather than do that, I'm in the market for a new card. I just don't trust the used card market...too many miners dumping cards that were run hard 24/7. You just don't know what you're getting.
I don't need (nor can I afford) a top of the line card, so no 3080, 3080ti, 3090 cards...probably looking at an RTX3070/3070Ti in my price range. Around $500 is preferred, but could stretch it to about $600 for the right deal.
I haven't run an ATi/AMD card since the X850XT PE card I bought in the early 00's...but am trying to keep an open mind. RX6700XT, 6750XT, 6800XT, all are more than I WANT to spend, but are doable. So...how are the various AMD card manufacturers? EVGA is my preferred nVidia card mfgr, but (in spite of my current issue)ASUS has been OK for me too. I know Zotac is one to avoid, Gigabyte has a bad rep following the exploding PSU debacle.

Recommendations?