• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

So I lost my phone about 4 days ago, any ideas?

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
So I lost my cell phone and have no idea where it is. Has anyone else ever done this? What did you end up doing? I'm thinking about buying one off ebay, but I have no idea if it will work with my plan if I choose a different phone.

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
I hope you at least had Sprint disable your missing phone soon after you lost it. Otherwise you might be shocked when you get your next bill.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: arcas
I hope you at least had Sprint disable your missing phone soon after you lost it. Otherwise you might be shocked when you get your next bill.

</end quote></div>

I've called it several times and it goes straight to voicemail. I'm only down 6 minutes this month anyway.

Here is a summary I posted in the SERO thread:

Update:
OK, get this story. So I got on the SERO deal in November '06. Called 4-5 times to try and get free unlimited texts. no go.

Then last week I lose my phone (a900, samsung razor competitor) and I think crap, what am I going to do. So I think, I'll pay 200 to cancel my SERO account, and sign up with a new one and get the Q for 100 bucks and get free txt msging with it. Total cost 300 for losing my phone and unlimited texts with a new number.

SO, I call them today and tell them that I would like to cancel my current SERO and get a new one (without telling them why, just that I get free txt with the new one). She puts me on hold and comes back in 3-4 mins and says "OK, if I give you unlimited texts, will that be OK?." I just paused because it totally caught me off guard. I was like "Sure, I guess" and that was it.

So, now I'm back with the sero plan, now upgraded with free txts but no phone. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about getting a cheapy 50 dollar phone to tie me until Nov/Dec when I will hit 13 months in my contract and I think I will be able to get a cheap upgrade to a nice phone. That or I can spend 300 now on something, but it still won't be as good of a deal as cancelling and getting a new contract. The only downside to doing that is I lose my number that I've had for the past 5 years.

so what would YOU do? hah.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Uh, just get a used sprint phone off of Craigslist. Do you need an awesome phone or something? Just have them deactivate the old one and activate the new one, same line of service.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sjwaste
Uh, just get a used sprint phone off of Craigslist. Do you need an awesome phone or something? Just have them deactivate the old one and activate the new one, same line of service.</end quote></div>

ohh, good call. something to tie me over until november/december when I can get the upgrade rates on a new phone.

edit: eventually I'd like a phone I can do email and web and other PDA stuff with.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Cattlegod
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: arcas

</end quote></div>

I've called it several times and it goes straight to voicemail. I'm only down 6 minutes this month anyway.

Here is a summary I posted in the SERO thread:

Update:
OK, get this story. So I got on the SERO deal in November '06. Called 4-5 times to try and get free unlimited texts. no go.

Then last week I lose my phone (a900, samsung razor competitor) and I think crap, what am I going to do. So I think, I'll pay 200 to cancel my SERO account, and sign up with a new one and get the Q for 100 bucks and get free txt msging with it. Total cost 300 for losing my phone and unlimited texts with a new number.

SO, I call them today and tell them that I would like to cancel my current SERO and get a new one (without telling them why, just that I get free txt with the new one). She puts me on hold and comes back in 3-4 mins and says "OK, if I give you unlimited texts, will that be OK?." I just paused because it totally caught me off guard. I was like "Sure, I guess" and that was it.

So, now I'm back with the sero plan, now upgraded with free txts but no phone. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about getting a cheapy 50 dollar phone to tie me until Nov/Dec when I will hit 13 months in my contract and I think I will be able to get a cheap upgrade to a nice phone. That or I can spend 300 now on something, but it still won't be as good of a deal as cancelling and getting a new contract. The only downside to doing that is I lose my number that I've had for the past 5 years.

so what would YOU do? hah.
Call and have them disable the phone until you find it or replace it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY