RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Now I just have to find a way to finance the trip from NY to Vancouver :(

Road Trip anyone?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
RT from New York is like $400, then you stay at the Cecil in Vancouver for like $90/night. $90/night seems expensive right but get this the Cecil doubles as a strip club and you get strippers walking up and down your hallways and you use the employee entrance to see free shows.

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Farang
RT from New York is like $400, then you stay at the Cecil in Vancouver for like $90/night. $90/night seems expensive right but get this the Cecil doubles as a strip club and you get strippers walking up and down your hallways and you use the employee entrance to see free shows.

Wow, that's...freakin awesome.

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Make sure it's not an April Fools Day joke.

No, this is as legit as it gets. It was actually sent the before April 1st, so I should be good in that regard anyways =p

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Eeezee
How did you win that? o_O

It was a contest-like thing on one of their banners on their website. You had to e-mail them and write why you should be selected and blah blah blah. It wasn't too bad, however, I have to admit that unless I was specifically looking for it (heard it from somewhere else), I probably never would of found it since the font was so small on the banner and it was all crammed in one section.

Date: Friday, June 6th, 2008
Events start at: 9:30 am
Location: 550 Burrard Street, 15th floor lobby. Vancouver, BC. V6C 2C1 Canada.

Optional Extracurricular Event Details

AFTER EVENT DRINKS
Date: Friday, June 6th, 2008 (evening, after the event)
Activities: Meet and greet with fans and developers at a local bar/pub/restaurant
Event Times: 7 pm - late
Possible costs: Cost of your own drinks, food
Notes/Requirements: You must be of drinking age in British Columbia (19 years old) to have access to this event.

VANCOUVER SIGHTSEEING BUS TOUR/PARTY BUS
Date: Saturday, June 7th, 2008
Activities: Vancouver sightseeing with other fans (we are renting a large bus and all going together)? aka PARTY BUS!
Event Times: 10 am ? 8 pm
Possible costs: Cost of your own drinks, food
Notes/Requirements: This is mostly just to mingle and have fun with each other, since during the event it is hard to get to know each other with all the presentations going on, etc. Remember, no pictures or videos of Relic staff (including me) at this event either.

I hope I'm allowed to post this, we sign NDA when we arrive, so I think I should be ok up to now, if not, sorry Relic!

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Also, I guess I should ask. What airlines are the cheapest to travel by if you're basically flying across the country and then into Canada? I'm not too familiar with these things and I may as well start planning this out now.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Wow that's awesome dude! You should post in the console gaming forum, maybe some of us have some questions you may wanna ask them at Relic!

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Barack Obama
Wow that's awesome dude! You should post in the console gaming forum, maybe some of us have some questions you may wanna ask them at Relic!

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of the PC gaming forum since Relic is primarily for the PC. I never thought about taking peoples questions though, that's a good idea.

Mods, if you see this, please move it, if not, no biggie.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Relic? Makers of Homeworld? Tell them to get off their butts on Homeworld 3!

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Yeah I know, seriously, it's been much too long since the 2nd one.

Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
get the dirt on CoH2!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to release such information after signing the NDA :(

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I envy you. That's when Relic plans on announcing their next big thing, besides DoW2.

Originally posted by: Barack Obama

Uhh, Relic is a quality game developer, which means they generally don't develop games for the console.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: RedArmy
Originally posted by: Jeff7

Yeah I know, seriously, it's been much too long since the 2nd one.

Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
get the dirt on CoH2!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to release such information after signing the NDA :(

oh you can tell us, we won't tell anyone ;)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Bwahaha, The Cecil is 3 blocks from my house. <shifty eyes>

KT

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

ORLY?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

ORLY?

Yep, had a few good times there back in the day, but I haven't been inside in years. I do frequent the Yale which is right next door though; great bar!

KT

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005

KT

ORLY?

Yep, had a few good times there back in the day, but I haven't been inside in years. I do frequent the Yale which is right next door though; great bar!

KT

So, if I needed another option of where to stay when I'm there, in terms of hotels, what's the best for the price that's relatively close to 550 Burrard Street? Only reason for asking is I'm guessing I'm gonna be needing a taxi to get around while I'm up there and paying as least as possible is always good

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

ORLY?

KT

So, if I needed another option of where to stay when I'm there, in terms of hotels, what's the best for the price that's relatively close to 550 Burrard Street? Only reason for asking is I'm guessing I'm gonna be needing a taxi to get around while I'm up there and paying as least as possible is always good

There is a Days Inn just down the street from that address, on Pender (has a great pub underneath it too). Near the Cecil, but sans strip joint there is a Best Western and a Howard Johnson, plus one other place that I can't remember, but which I can tell you tomorrow when I get home from work since I walk home that way. There are also hostels in this area, but I'm not sure if that is your cup of tea or not.

You will really only need a cab, or you can take a bus, to and from the airport. If you are staying downtown and are doing most of your activites downtown, it's easy to get around just walking.

If you want more info, or have any other questions PM me. I'm off to bed.

Cheers,
KT