So I just sat through a Howie campaign speech

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Obligatory proof I was there. Ankeny Best Western, started at 5:45(well closer to 6 I think).

He was getting rushed out so I didn't get a chance for someone to take my picture shaking his hand, but believe me - I did.

I, not being a tall person myself, found it quite interesting that he is shorter than I am, even though I've heard from alot of places he was quite short. He's about the only liberal politician I've meat who can't look down their nose at me...unless he was looking at my shoes:p j/k :D

Anyway, there were only a little over 100 hundred people there at any given time. And no he didn't call on me for my question:( I had a good one too. Maybe I'll get to ask it IF I ever decide to go to one of his speeches again.

Good luck Dean - you are going to need it, especially with the rhetoric you spewed tonight. I wish I had time to go out to your Urbandale stop tonight to see how many show up there.

CkG

Edit- sorry - the first three pics aren't the best quality. I had to zoom because ms Big head was sitting in front of me and I had to lean and zoom to keep her out of the picture. The fourth one is better, it was after he was done.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
howard dean is my pick for the Democratic nominee for President in 2004. It should be a banner year for all.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Glad you were able to go. Too bad your Rhetoric scale hasn't tipped yet but suspect that you are too far gone (brainwashed) to come back anyway.

What was your question going to be?

Why would you shake the hand of a guy you feel is more vile for the Country than the current incumbent? :confused:

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
So after looking at your pictures and taking in your mention of
him beinbg of dimunitive stature, I would guess him to be about 6 inches tall.

Could he be one of those cutsey little Hobbits that come from Middle Earth ?
or is he just some small guy from Mediocre America.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
So after looking at your pictures and taking in your mention of
him beinbg of dimunitive stature, I would guess him to be about 6 inches tall.

Could he be one of those cutsey little Hobbits that come from Middle Earth ?
or is he just some small guy from Mediocre America.

Six inches? A genuine Minute Man.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Glad you were able to go. Too bad your Rhetoric scale hasn't tipped yet but suspect that you are too far gone (brainwashed) to come back anyway.

What was your question going to be?

Why would you shake the hand of a guy you feel is more vile for the Country than the current incumbent? :confused:

Well, as far as "brainwashed" - I most certainly am not. Just because I have a defined set of morals, priciples, and values does not make me brainwashed.:)

My question was going to be - "I myself am a mostly conservative thinking type person and I know alot of young people who share my values, but have not yet decided on who to support. Give me 3 specific reasons they should support you instead of the other democrats running - if they should decide to support a democrat at all"

Yes it would have been loaded - but he is a politician. I was more interested in his reaction and how he would have answered. My guess is that he would dodged and gone off on some tirade about Bush - like he did with the rest of the questions.

Why would I shake his hand? Have you ever heard the phrase - "know thy enemy?" :p But seriously - I shook his hand only because I wanted see if he'd talk to me. He made a comment about my Packer jacket:) (WOOT GO PACKERS!!!) but like I said - he was being herded towards the door. I spoke with the a local campaign person and they seemed quite interested to know why I had attended too. We'll see if they call me to talk about it like they said they would.

BTW - anyone know who the short dark haired campaign guy is(he's kind of "heavy" but not too heavy)? He didn't want to chat while I was waiting to talk with dean(or just shake his hand), but he acted like he was a pretty high traveling campaign person and was the one who kept telling dean he had to go. I'm just curious to know who he is.

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

BTW - anyone know who the short dark haired campaign guy is(he's kind of "heavy" but not too heavy)? He didn't want to chat while I was waiting to talk with dean(or just shake his hand), but he acted like he was a pretty high traveling campaign person and was the one who kept telling dean he had to go. I'm just curious to know who he is.

CkG

That was me.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
That person might have been Joe Trippi, Deans campaign manager.

I thought about that but I couldn't find a picture doing a quick google picture search. I also didn't think he traveled everywhere with dean, but maybe that was a different campaign manager I was thinking about.

Monsta - What color of tie were you wearing;)

CkG

Edit - No it wasn't Trippi - here is a picture of Trippi

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
That person might have been Joe Trippi, Deans campaign manager.

I thought about that but I couldn't find a picture doing a quick google picture search. I also didn't think he traveled everywhere with dean, but maybe that was a different campaign manager I was thinking about.

Monsta - What color of tie were you wearing;)

CkG

Edit - No it wasn't Trippi - here is a picture of Trippi

Look how that Cameraman has the Camera firmly focused on what is most likely obviously his daughter. The Camera is no where near getting Joe in the pic.