Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
and then I rode to a bar and had some more beer and then I had a burrito

all in all, 30 miles, and more than a handful of beers

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
no, but I came damn close
a pickup didn't notice that I was turning left and came inches from knocking me down (that was pre-drunk)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Just so ya know...

http://www.1800duilaws.com/art...ng_under_influence.asp

"For cases involving cycling under the influence in California, for example, there are special laws that govern bicyclists. The California Vehicle Code created an exception for devices moved exclusively by human power, meaning that a bicycle is not a "vehicle" for purposes of the California DUI laws.

However, the California Vehicle Code does provide that it is unlawful for any person to ride a bicycle upon a highway while under the influence of alcohol (or drugs), and that all persons arrested for violating this section are required to give a test of their blood or breath (or urine, if drugs are suspected), just as in a driving under the influence case. There is no "per se" violation relating to a particular blood alcohol level (such as the .08 laws), as there are in traditional DUI cases.

A conviction of violating the California cycling under the influence statute subjects the violator to a base fine of $250.00. This is substantially less than the fines imposed for DUI cases involving "vehicles"."

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Amused
Just so ya know...

"For cases involving cycling under the influence in California, for example, there are special laws that govern bicyclists. The California Vehicle Code created an exception for devices moved exclusively by human power, meaning that a bicycle is not a "vehicle" for purposes of the California DUI laws.

However, the California Vehicle Code does provide that it is unlawful for any person to ride a bicycle upon a highway while under the influence of alcohol (or drugs), and that all persons arrested for violating this section are required to give a test of their blood or breath (or urine, if drugs are suspected), just as in a driving under the influence case. There is no "per se" violation relating to a particular blood alcohol level (such as the .08 laws), as there are in traditional DUI cases.

A conviction of violating the California cycling under the influence statute subjects the violator to a base fine of $250.00. This is substantially less than the fines imposed for DUI cases involving "vehicles"."

I think he was on a motorcycle. 30 miles is pretty far on a bike.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: tasmanian
Just so ya know...

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/thechort/IMG_4827.JPG

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: TheChort
Just so ya know...

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/thechort/IMG_4827.JPG

That's what I figured.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Just so ya know...

Yeah, what was he thinking??

<------ Fellow bike tourist. (161 mile one day personal record)

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I ride to Elysian Park alot - that climb is rough. Can't imagine it drunk.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: arrfep
Just so ya know...

Hey arrfep, I completed that bike tour I was telling you about ... Text :D

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: abaez
I ride to Elysian Park alot - that climb is rough. Can't imagine it drunk.

That IS a tough climb, mostly because there is no shoulder, and there were so many damn cars going and coming from the game.

I would never try it drunk. :Q I only had a couple beers at the game. The getting drunk happened when we rode to our local bar, about a mile from home.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Originally posted by: TheChort
Just so ya know...

Hey arrfep, I completed that bike tour I was telling you about ... Text :D

Yeah...I'd read that thread and meant to leave a comment:eek:. Loved the pictures. I'd like to do a coastal tour some day. Actually this weekend I'm doing a 2-Day, 150 mile fundraiser ride along the coast of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. Should be an excellent time.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
The hell with crashing....how the hell did you not throw-up!?!?

Bunch of beer + burrito + 30mi of biking = Puke

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

Yea, I was wondering how he didn't feel terrible afterwards?

Biking = need to hydrate
Beer = ... hydrating....
Burrito for energy?

I would guess the OP rides 30mi+ normally or at least can without -too- much trouble

regardless sounds like it was a lot of fun.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

Sounds like he wasn't drunk until 29 miles into it, at a bar 1mi from home.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003

Yeah...I'd read that thread and meant to leave a comment:eek:. Loved the pictures. I'd like to do a coastal tour some day. Actually this weekend I'm doing a 2-Day, 150 mile fundraiser ride along the coast of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. Should be an excellent time.

Oooh, sounds fun! :)
Unfortunately, short of a few "Critical Mass" type events, Southern California has little to offer in terms of organized cycling events. :(

Originally posted by: joecool
so, what, you want a medal or somethin' ? who cares?! btw, the dodgers suck

ya, you have one? :cool:
btw, Text