So I just ordered a Kaabo Wolf King GT Pro electric scooter

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
It's the fastest production scooter you can buy outside of a few weird Korean ones you have to import. 70v dual 2k motors with 64 top speed and some people have gotten it to 75 going downhill, which is absolutely terrifying. Hell, 50 will probably have me sweating. I do like the range and jolting from 0-40 probably won't get old for a long time. My current Segway scooter has a top speed of 19, and 0-15 with the firmware hack I did is maybe 5.5s. This is 1.9 0-15, or a few tenths of a second slower because I'll probably be around 215 with the gear I bought on.

Here's a video of what can only be 2 rednecks racing the scooter vs a Ram Outdoorsman SS Hemi. I know that's a ginormous truck and it's not fast fast, but it's pretty beastly for a truck. The fact the scooter hung with him till the low 50s was impressive. The scooter was in gear 4 (of 5) so this wasn't max. Although in gear 5 with the tire spin it's probably slower in a race like this. That looks like some sick acceleration off the line.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Vaya con dios

Anything above 20 with wheels that small is terrifying to me.

20 on an electric scooter seemed turbo when I first got mine, but I got used to it after about 4 days and I'm a really low-level daredevil. I did revert back to holy shit this it too fast when I hit a pothole at 10 PM and thought I was going to crash and die lol. I somehow managed to not eat shit, but it did cause me to max my speeds to low teens for a few days. And if I thought I might be going to meet Jesus going 19, I can't imagine almost crashing at 3x that lol.

I don't know if the same applies to small wheels, but when I'd go dirt biking with my family my bro in law would always tell me it's safer to go faster over small holes or lose ground. I've heard this from others too, but I have no idea what speed they meant by faster. 60 on this scooter will be a disaster waiting to happen with the quality of the roads in So Cal. But 30-35 maybe 40 might be fun and not too panic inducing. A crash at 35 even with the riding armor and helmet I bought would still probably do some good damage.

11" tires don't give you much leeway for correcting mistakes. And for all I know I might stay a semi chicken and ride this 4000 watt beast at 25 in mode 1 lol.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I was riding down 7th Ave Sunday from Central Park to Herald square and this small and lithe fashionably dressed Asian woman was just zipping on a scooter in the bike lane. She would just take off and then I'd catch up to her and we were both doing 20 mph.

I'm pretty sure that thing could have gone faster cuz I could hear the clutch changing gears quickly, clack clack clack.

She definitely was completely in control of that scooter and a very confident and safe rider.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
20 on an electric scooter seemed turbo when I first got mine, but I got used to it after about 4 days and I'm a really low-level daredevil. I did revert back to holy shit this it too fast when I hit a pothole at 10 PM and thought I was going to crash and die lol. I somehow managed to not eat shit, but it did cause me to max my speeds to low teens for a few days. And if I thought I might be going to meet Jesus going 19, I can't imagine almost crashing at 3x that lol.

I don't know if the same applies to small wheels, but when I'd go dirt biking with my family my bro in law would always tell me it's safer to go faster over small holes or lose ground. I've heard this from others too, but I have no idea what speed they meant by faster. 60 on this scooter will be a disaster waiting to happen with the quality of the roads in So Cal. But 30-35 maybe 40 might be fun and not too panic inducing. A crash at 35 even with the riding armor and helmet I bought would still probably do some good damage.

11" tires don't give you much leeway for correcting mistakes. And for all I know I might stay a semi chicken and ride this 4000 watt beast at 25 in mode 1 lol.

California? You're asking for a ticket...

• A motorized scooter has 2 wheels, a motor, handlebars, and a floorboard that you can stand on while riding it.Show Citation 44
  • You can only drive motorized scooters on a bicycle path, trail, or bikeway, not on a sidewalk, and you cannot exceed a speed of 15 mph.
  • You do not need to register motorized scooters.
  • You can drive a motorized scooter with any class driver license.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
California? You're asking for a ticket...

Cops don't seem to enforce this, of course with my luck I'll be one of the ones they use to make an example out of. It's not uncommon for me to see an electric scooter in normal lanes riding along with traffic. The bike lanes here rarely have much traffic on them so I don't think cops will be too hell bent if they see a scooter going above 15. But now I'm wondering if a cop's can impound a scooter for going like 40 in a 15mph bike lane. It's coming tomorrow, I might push my luck a lil the 1st few days, and I hope I don't find out lol. Like the YouTube bar graph guy says "the more you fuck around, the more you'll find out" I should probably listen to this guy. I want to fuck around, but I don't want to find out :D

The roads here are so terrible I probably won't want to even go fast, maybe 35, but maybe 35 in a 15 could be considered reckless driving. There's also the bike trail that goes to the beach. I know the same laws apply, but at best I'd encounter bike cops there, which I could easily flee from Cali police chase style. Even the electric bike cops would be no match.

famous last words...

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
What's a the range on the scooter, with and without ludicrous speed?

Around 40 if you're trying to kill yourself. 70 if you keep it around 30-35. It has some of the best range for a scooter which is one thing I dig about it.

Reactions: IronWing

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
So which river should I fish it out of?
Santa Ana, I would make a what river joke because it's been bone dry for years but with all the rain So Cal has gotten in the last 2 months it should actually have some in it now lol.

I believe at it's peak it was a very shallow river so you won't have much fishing to get it out. Also, the the scooter's IP5 so it's somewhat resistant to water so it might actually still work.

Maybe your message is a sign, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but a few months ago I suddenly started to receive a buncha shit in the mail from Omaha Of Life trying to get me to buy life insurance. I've never contacted them, and before a few months ago I don't think I'd ever gotten anything pertaining to life insurance. Odd how a few months before I buy a 2 wheel deathmachine I'm getting life insurance mailings. I've never had life insurance in my life.

There might be some connection.

But if I crash and the scooter flies into the river bottom chances are the Tweaker camps who live down there will swarm on it way before you could.

Last edited:

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Bike lane? Ebikes are bad enough. Scooters...I'll show you!

(assuming I can catch up to you)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
HOLY BALLS this thing is a blast, and until I get riding gloves I'm only brave enough to ride it in mode 2 of 5. Mode 2 limits the speed to 25% and the motor level to 2 of 5, which I have no idea what % that equal. Maybe each is 20% that would make sense. Mode 2's top speed and acceleration both put my old scooter maxed out to shame.

Much like a Hellcat or Ford GT there's absolutely no reason this should be a thing. But even in the low mode it's a damn blast, and still has enough torque to make me feel like I gotta pay attention on take off or I might crash.

It's 125lb weight sucks. I know I'm super out of shape. But I didn't understand how bad it was until I tried to pop the front up the normal sized curb at the corner store and was unable to - even after 3 attempts. lol. My old scooter was 40lbs. So after I realized I couldn't do it and if I kept trying I was probably gonna sprain a wrist. I took a walk of shame down to the other end of the parking lot so I could push it up the handicapped ramp so I could get to the damn store.

You can set the max speed % and motor % for both motors for all 5 settings. In mode 1 it goes around 12 and barely has any acceleration. You can also set the voltage for each level.

This thing is F'in fun.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
sc00t3r.jpg

Pic doesn't really do its size justice, this thing's basically unwieldy with my current strength level. And the deck's about 13" off the ground so when I'm riding I look like a giant lol. I'm still putting around on mode 2 dual motor, I did crank the motor up 5% so I can go 31 now. Which feels fast enough to leave me dead, so I'm good not going 64 or having enough torque to do wheelies.

I don't think I'll ever want to go max speed, except maybe once just to see what it's like. But hopefully I'll be able to work up to 100% torque and 45mph.

Reactions: Mr.IncrediblyBored

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I mounted the speaker from my old scooter on it. And to celebrate my new toy I'm gonna ride around all the close neighborhoods Rick Rolling everyone (on repeat) I hope karma doesn't bite me in the ass and I crash. *fingers crossed*scootfront.jpg

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Was feeling brave so I decided to try speed 4 dual motor. I foolishly thought as long as I leaned forward I'd somehow be able to tame 3000 watts or whatever speed mode 4's power is. I pressed the throttle maybe half way and instantly realized my mistake. It makes zero sense how much power this bastard has, and I still have another higher level I could try this on (never...) I think mode 4's around 80% power. The tires squealed and I literally did a 1.5 second wheelie with the tires still chirping. I could not control it and was lucky I didn't crash. I panicked and didn't let go of the throttle right away and in those 3 seconds I was already going like 25mph and halfway across the small parking lot.

After I stopped, a friend who had been watching told me I should turn on my headlights because it's unsafe to ride at night without them (it was 9PM) I decided to give it one more try but this time feather the throttle as light as I could. WHEELIE and tires chirping.

No more speed 4 dual mode for me.

Last edited:

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
This guy has no fear. I don't think he will survive too long making these videos. Have a look.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
get a motorcycle helmet and skin suit. have at least the courtesy of making cleanup easier for the road crew.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
This guy has no fear. I don't think he will survive too long making these videos. Have a look.

LOL @ 7:14 he flies past a "use caution" electronic road sign at 53mph.

This fellow got his to 74mph downhill, and he's wearing mountain bike gloves lol. 'm geared up with a D3O armor jacket, D3O gloves, D3O boots and a MIPS helmet. And I'm only anticipating my 1st crash to be maybe 35mph because I don't go any faster. The people on the Escooter Reddit subform love to drill in your head "it's not if you crash, it's when you crash"

The dude going 74 has a death wish, my top's 37 and it felt like I was going freeway speeds.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
LOL @ 7:14 he flies past a "use caution" electronic road sign at 53mph.

This fellow got his to 74mph downhill, and he's wearing mountain bike gloves lol. 'm geared up with a D3O armor jacket, D3O gloves, D3O boots and a MIPS helmet. And I'm only anticipating my 1st crash to be maybe 35mph because I don't go any faster. The people on the Escooter Reddit subform love to drill in your head "it's not if you crash, it's when you crash"

The dude going 74 has a death wish, my top's 37 and it felt like I was going freeway speeds.
I have a Segway Ninebot ES3 plus. It has dual batteries and top speed of 18/19mph and a claimed range of 29miles. It has 8" solid tires. I got it going 26mph down hill. It weighs 38lbs. It looks like a toy but for 38lbs, it's a little rocket.

I think if I had you scooter I would go in that 5th gear and let it rip after a minute or so on the scooter. You have to test the brakes and make sure it drives straight and smooth. Your Wolf King GT pro has big tires and they are wide. It looks well built and I am certain that I would top that thing out.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Almost got hit by a driver who didn't see me, I swerved to not collide with them and hit the curb of one of these stupid things the city decided to put in the damn street right next to the actual curb. I did a poor impersonation of Superman hitting the ground after only flying 5 or 6 feet, then I slid a few more feet when I hit the gravel. I was going 20 maybe 25, dunno for sure but it wasn't super fast because I'm still chicken shit. Even at those speeds, holy shit it hurt, I had on all my riding gear thankfully, a day has passed and my chest is still super sore and my chest hurts when I stand up or sit down. It probably should have been much worse so I'm lucky I didn't break anything. A decent amount of random blood came from somewhere, but I never figured it out. I was 3 miles from home and had to walk limping home pushing this 125lb monster. By the time I got home the blood had stopped and I didn't see any cuts so who knows. One of the front forks on the scooter is bent so I gotta ship it back to get repaired AGGGRRRH! And hopefully this will be covered over their vague as hell extended warranty. It covers accidental damage, but I somehow think they'll consider this something else lol.

This is the stupid street I was on, it has no bike lane, which sucks, and there are always a ton of cars parked where there should be a bike lane. The grass in front of the truck, that shitty curb area it's in isnt attached to the main curb, there's about 6 inches of space for some reason. This seems to be the only road that has them, and just like in the pic there's another every 20 of so feet for a few more blocks. There was no truck parked there, unfortunately, so when the car decided to zoom over from the 2nd lane I panicked and swerved and only had about 2 feet before the grass curb planter thing so I couldn't hit my brakes. There's really nowhere safe to ride a bike or scooter as cars don't seem to pay attention and you're forced to ride in a car lane.

I learned I'll never ride on this street again lol.

street.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: VirtualLarry