So I just got my brand new Mac Mini....

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
I think I'm in love. I currently only have 512MB of RAM, but that's going to change very soon. Other then that, I don't feel disapointed that I sold my A64 system for it. I won't be gaming or doing anything hardcore on this since I'm serious into school now and such. Mac OS X is way too rad. :)

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Windows XP > OS X

While OS X isn't bad...I'd much prefer XP running on a real computer.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Or... You could have sold your AMD 64 system, gone to Good Will and picked up a PIII 1GHZ machine and then you could do exactly what you need+more. But instead you decided to go to the otherside and waste your money on a different platform just so that you could be restricted on the use of your applications...

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
OSX > XP, but Games > no Games, and OSX ! >> XP so, XP for me.

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
I'm stuck on the flat out speed of my computer... forget about Mac.... and 512mb of RAM is nothing.

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
Originally posted by: goku
Or... You could have sold your AMD 64 system, gone to Good Will and picked up a PIII 1GHZ machine and then you could do exactly what you need+more. But instead you decided to go to the otherside and waste your money on a different platform just so that you could be restricted on the use of your applications...

restricted use of my applications? i have no restriction. i have everything i need/want.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Mik3y

restricted use of my applications? i have no restriction. i have everything i need/want.

Then why in the hell didn't you just pickup a machine at Good Will for $50 instead of forking out $500 on a machine that can do the equivalent? You probably could get a whole setup for under $150 easily (includes everything, monitor, speakers, peripherals) all old stuff that I'm sure works perfectly fine but is unwanted because it's "slow".

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mik3y

Then why in the hell didn't you just pickup a machine at Good Will for $50 instead of forking out $500 on a machine that can do the equivalent? You probably could get a whole setup for under $150 easily (includes everything, monitor, speakers, peripherals) all old stuff that I'm sure works perfectly fine but is unwanted because it's "slow".

Done trolling, Trolling Trolly McTroll Master?

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Or you could have bought the Dell 4700 + 19" LCD deal for $499. :p

- M4H

Does that leave anything over for the finer pleasures in life?

*shifty eyes*

thirdlegstump

Banned
Feb 12, 2001
You guys just don't understand the beauty of the MacOS until you actually test one out. OP, good on you. They are the best systems for getting real work done.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: deathkoba
You guys just don't understand the beauty of the MacOS until you actually test one out. OP, good on you. They are the best systems for getting real work done.

You're not exactly a troll-free recipe for success either.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Phil

- M4H

*shifty eyes*

mac mini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>dell

for A$$thetics

Nov 3, 2004

neither are you

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother

neither are you

Hush newbie, the grownups are speaking.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer

- M4H

*shifty eyes*

mac mini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>dell

for A$$thetics

I believe you are missing the point ;)