So I just got my 19" widescreen LCD

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Well theres not really anything specific you need for WS.

One thing to check for on any LCD is dead/stuck pixels. Download Dead Pixel Buddy and see if you can spot anything.

Other than that, the best software for WS monitors is running WS games. Try out some Source-engine games or proper WS racing games. It just feels more immersive when properly done. :)

I also placed my windows around different (well for any programs that save the window size/position). Like I keep my FF window full height, about 75% width, so it leaves the right quarter of the screen for Winamp and ICQ and other small stuff. No need to run your web browser full screen unless you have one of the extensions that allows you to side-by-side tabs/webpages.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Why do you have the visual instructions for evacuating an airplane on your desktop? o_O

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Sphexi
Why do you have the visual instructions for evacuating an airplane on your desktop? o_O

I'm guessing it's his wallpaper. Looks like airplane card from Fight Club.

wazzledoozle

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2006

LOL, its from Fight Club. Its a "realistic scenario for plane evacuation". If you haven seen Fight Club, go do now.

Thanks for the pixel buddy tip, will check now. Also downloading DoD:S atm.

New pic with a wallpaper I made-
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/wazzledoozle/desk2.jpg

Yes I do need to clean my desk :(

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004

EDIT: Oh i see, I gotta see Fight Club. :p