So, I Just Bought The Witcher

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
I am loving the game so far, even though I'm not that far into the game. I absolutely love the dialog and the combat is pretty interesting. But I have a question regarding those choices that make an impact in your game.

Do these choices vary from a minor impact to a huge impact on the gameplay?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Kromis

Do these choices vary from a minor impact to a huge impact on the gameplay?

Potential spoilers below

Yes, but the results usually don't become apparent until much later in the game. Choosing to help Vesemir with the Frightener over helping Triss protect the lab, for example, gives you an item that proves useful, but it also makes combat more difficult later in the game.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would be interested in this game but I found a website with all the naked chick pics so that pretty much rules out any reason to actually buy it.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: shortylickens
I would be interested in this game but I found a website with all the naked chick pics so that pretty much rules out any reason to actually buy it.

I hope thats a joke . . .

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yes.

But I must say that I havent been too impressed with most recent RPG's, even ones that get good reviews. I dont know if I will buy it.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
The important thing to remember is that you have to choose... The game progresses regardless... so there really are no bad choices...

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Ah, okay. Thaknks y'all.

Btw, are those fistfights talents useful anywhere else besides in fistfights?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Ah, okay. Thaknks y'all.

Btw, are those fistfights talents useful anywhere else besides in fistfights?

Not in my experience. You can generate some orens in fist fights, and completing the competitions allows you to get some useful items, and the final fist fight gives you an item you need for a quest.

Cl1ckm3

Jan 30, 2008
is there a first person view ingame option or with a camera hack or something?

it being 3rd person perspective is the only reason i havnt bought it....seriously, i just cant get into 3rd person games nor do i care for the controls of such

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
FPS RPGs are almost universally lame. :p

The controls in the Witcher are pretty much your standard WASD though, depending on your camera design.

Cl1ckm3

Jan 30, 2008
Originally posted by: Bateluer

The controls in the Witcher are pretty much your standard WASD though, depending on your camera design.

an opinion followed by a response that didnt answer....very nice
but fyi i really ilke fps rpg's.
i just asked if theres an option or a camera hack app/mod for it.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Cl1ckm3

Well, there is no FPS camera. Sorry mate. As for a hack, I'm not sure one exists.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Cl1ckm3

Well, there is no FPS camera. Sorry mate. As for a hack, I'm not sure one exists.

You can use the close over-the-shoulder camera, but thats about as close to first person as you are going to get.

Having a first person camera would eliminate some of the most visually enticing fight sequences and obliterate the 'feel' of the game as well.

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
Yeah the game is great. I love how it's not that linear, yet it is if that makes sense. It it always mixes things up. It's not your standard, Town to quest to dungeon format. And the controls are fantastic. The fact that I only need to use my mouse leave my other hand free to what things like hold a sandwich or a drink, it's great. No more pausing if I want to do something else.