so i just applied at BestBuy...

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
i took their automated application and answered all the questions(are you currently hooked on smack, and like to steal from stores?), then some lady called me and asked me a few more questions(what hours would you be available, where have you worked before, etc..) and she told me "ok i'll pass along this information to the appropriate manager and they'll get back to you." does that mean i should never expect a call back? :(

if not, then how is it workin at BestBuy from some other perspectives? i know some of you have worked there before.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
i must say it sucks. Pay is crap, and based on how many service plans you sell. And if you have to close the store, it sucks crap. And they pushed back the bonus check days... very far back.. ie, 6 more months (suppose to be every 6 months...).

Then they blame the employees for theft. Situation: Panasonic portable DVD, it USED to be cased in glass. Hard as hell to steal. New policy is to have it on one of those bar secure things so ppl can "interact" with it. What happens? they put the damn display BEHIND a wall (ie, blind spot from cameras) in video... and on this particular day... there were two ppl on duty, swamped by "customers" (they were part of a group distracting the employees to steal the DVD). Well, they succeed and yell at US for letting it happen. UH HUH.

Anyway, needless to say, I was GUNNA work there again (school reasons) in the summer, but they NEVER told me they only wanted me for weekends. They said "yeah, come back anytime this summer if you can work full time, no prob"... teaches me to get things in paper next time.... I call up "oh, we only want you for the weekends". Well, where da ya think I went? The beach.

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
well the pay is good for me :p im only 17 and its 7 an hour. but that blamin' the employees sucks :( maybe if they don't call me back im better off..

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
See if you can find a tech support position. With a little looking you could probably land a job paying $10+/hr.

Viper GTS

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
I worked there for a brief moment in time...very brief. They have these stupid morning (monthly) meetings. You have to be there around 7 or something, and that got old real quick. :p

Yza

Jul 8, 2000
haaaaaaaaaaahhh.. hehehe.. joe just went to one today soup or man... right after that lan party... hehe 2 hr meeting or something eh said.