So, I got into a debate with my friend...

Iron Addict

Jul 5, 2006
Me and my friend went grocery shopping. We both live at dorms and I only have a car. After we got back, my friend realizes that they did not put the air refreshener he paid for $1.75. He calls me and asks me to take him back and I declined and said I'd rather give him the $1.75 and not go through the trouble of going back there. The car is in the parking garage and it would take about 30min to go back there and come back. And we got into a little debate of if it was worth going back there or not. I said no, but our another mutual friend said he would drive back for him cause $1.75 is money after all and he paid for it. And I'm saying gas itself would cost more than $1 and 30min of traveling isn't worth it for a air refreshener. What's ur take?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Iron Addict
Me and my friend went grocery shopping. We both live at dorms and I only have a car. After we got back, my friend realizes that they did not put the air refreshener he paid for $1.75. He calls me and asks me to take him back and I declined and said I'd rather give him the $1.75 and not go through the trouble of going back there. The car is in the parking garage and it would take about 30min to go back there and come back. And we got into a little debate of if it was worth going back there or not. I said no, but our another mutual friend said he would drive back for him cause $1.75 is money after all and he paid for it. And I'm saying gas itself would cost more than $1 and 30min of traveling isn't worth it for a air refreshener. What's ur take?

Do you all go to a homosexual college?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Tell your gf to check her stuff before leaving the store next time.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
no, it's irrational for you to drive him back out to the grocery store. you were doing him a favor bringing him along with you anyways. if he's that hard pressed for the air freshener, he should either walk to the university center or campus store or something and buy one there or find someone else to drive him. it's not fair for him to inconvenience you for his mistake.

he's the one who forgot it, not you.

if YOU left his air freshener at the store, however, that's a different story. if you accidentally left something he bought at the store, it'd be messed up for you not to drive out there and pick it up.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
It's 10-15 minutes away? Naw, not unless you need the air freshener tonight and no one else sells 'em.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Simple answer:

Call store.. Inform them of the forgotten item. Pick it up next time you are there.

It is ridiculous to expect you to drive him back to the store. Unless he left his keys or wallet, whatever he bought will be there the next time he goes.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Just phone the manager and pick it up the next time you go back. If he needs the air freshener that badly kick him out of the room.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: Iron Addict

Do you all go to a homosexual college?

lmao

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
Simple answer:

Call store.. Inform them of the forgotten item. Pick it up next time you are there.

It is ridiculous to expect you to drive him back to the store. Unless he left his keys or wallet, whatever he bought will be there the next time he goes.

His limp-wristed friend does not accept logic.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I personally wouldn't go back for a $1.75 air freshener, no.

Although I have returned for various other items. I went shopping just this past Saturday, and upon getting home, realized I'd left my $6 pack of iced-tea at the store. I debated for a bit, and eventually decided to give in to my iced-tea craving on the off chance that I might actually find the pack somewhere. Sadly, I didn't, so I ended up having to buy another one.

TG2

Banned
Nov 14, 2005
So he wants to go back for a $1.75 air freshener and it'll take 30 minutes of his time, as well as yours......that means HIS time is worth less than $4 an hour.
Hopefully he smartens up......