So I got an ebay scammer on the hook...

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I recently bid on an MP3 player, and I get an email saying "send me an offer" which kinda makes sense since the seller was a dealer with a bunch of them. However, they made two mistakes:

#1: sending it to the wrong email address (not the one associated with ebay)
#2: sending it "from" a domain that isn't registered.

So I send out an email with an offer that's pretty low, but realistic. And he accepts the offer, but instead of being from Virginia, he's from Romania. (on vacation of course...)

...and yeah, I'll be forwarding what's been sent to ebay :)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Tell him you are your on escrow service and will release the money to him when you have mp3 player in hand

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Let it go man. It's been done.

Unless you have a plan to chain him up in your dungeon and actually go through with it...

dpert1

Apr 26, 2007
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
Let it go man. It's been done.

Unless you have a plan to chain him up in your dungeon and actually go through with it...

yeah pulp fiction

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Try to convince him to send you a self addressed stamped envelope, make up an excuse that you can't use paypal and want to send a money order or certified check or something. Then, send him an AOL CD.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
We need a Yawn emoticon.
:yawn;

Consider that your mission for today. :p;)

:yawn;

:laugh:
I wish I had that power. There are so many ways to abuse it...

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Hah, no one vacations in the vast, immense shithole that is Romania.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
unless you're l33t enough to send him a PPPPOWERbook, this is not going to be as hilarious as you think it will be

SuperFreaky

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: FoBoT
there is no hook, scammers are rarely caught, just delete and move on with life

Thats the whole point of trying to waste their time and resources... if you can't catch them, make it harder to scam.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: adambooth
Hah, no one vacations in the vast, immense shithole that is Romania.

Ever been there? I have.

The third world can be a pretty rewarding place to travel IF you know what you're doing. The mountains in Romania are quite beautiful.

vrbaba

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperFreaky

Thats the whole point of trying to waste their time and resources... if you can't catch them, make it harder to scam.

And apparently your life is so much worthwhile that you have all the time in the world to waste your time and resources in making it harder for them to scam. :confused:

SuperFreaky

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: vrbaba
Originally posted by: SuperFreaky

And apparently your life is so much worthwhile that you have all the time in the world to waste your time and resources in making it harder for them to scam. :confused:

I can write a 20 second email that will waste hours of their time... yeah, I have time for that