So I finally rented Pearl Harbor. How many others thought this movie was awful?

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
They could have EASILY cut the first HOUR AND A HALF out of that movie....and then when i thought it was over

INTERMISSION!!!!!!! followed by almost an HOUR more!

ahhhhh!!!!!

It's terrible...they put so much work into the 45 "cool" minutes of the movie, and then completely wrecked the rest of it....

I'm pretty disappointed :(

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Hollywood will NEVER realize that what actually happened is more interesting than their 'visions'.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
very horrible. worse movie i saw in theatres since godzilla. both over-hyped. my gf thought the same and if the movie was gonna at least appeal to the women, it didn't.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
and you had the ability to fast foward... you lucky bastard. i was stuck in my theater seat for those %#@ ~3 hours. most horrifically bad war story ever.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
I didn't think the movie was too impressive. The first half was people having sex like rabbits, the second half was a bunch of big explosions. And I thought The One was stupid... :D

AdamDuritz99

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2000
though i agree they did a bad job in actually recreating the events, but i liked it. Not like "it's great", but it had my attention, and i enjoyed it for a movie. hmm...

peace
sean

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
after the actual pearl harbor scene, the movie just dragged on and on and on. i wanted it to end. at least for 3 hour movies like gladiator, patriot, braveheart, and even titanic, it wasnt a drag and i enjoyed all 3 hours of each one of those movies.

in sum, pearl harbor the movie was the japanese bombing of an american love triangle. the end.

MikeO

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001

The war scenes were cool, but as a movie it sucked. Alot, and I do mean alot. I was pissed off for wasting three hours of my life to witness such garbage.

Juniper

Platinum Member
Nov 7, 2001
I think the attack scene was nicely done. Overall, it couldve been a better story if it were not Armageddon style. They should've concentrated on the historical part more than on the love story, which was CRAP.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
They should've concentrated on the historical part more than on the love story, which was CRAP

I think they put that in for the girls ;)

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
I just don't understand...I mean, I consider myself a pretty normal movie guy...i'm not hyper-critical or anything...

it's just HOW DO THEY LET A MOVIE LIKE THAT BE MADE?

I mean, they obviously started from day 1 saying "the battle sequence is what we got here" (and don't get me wrong, that was quite awesome)

but after that, I mean, did they run out of money and think no one would notice if they put a pretty darn weak plot behind that main plot?

do you think they all sat there at the final wrap, watched the entire edited film, and went "great job fellas"...i mean, come on (this goes for a LOT of other big bang action movies too).

just seems to me that if i had that many millions of dollars to blow, i could sure as heck think up something a little better than a love triangle...

oh well.

/end rant

ItsStillUS

Sep 13, 2001
Jerry Bruckenheimer keeps trying to go for that "titanic" type money by making his movies ghey as hell and putting way too much into the love story. Look at Armageddon, and then this piece of crap. Though i liked Armageddon.

"Let's chew this Iron B!tch up!"

Priit

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2000
Some special (d)effects were cool, but overall kinda boring. I didn't like the taste of propaganda either...

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I found the movie to be ridiculously contrived and very manipulative. Ugh, I could just feel the music trying to twist my emotions. *shudder* Bay and Brukheimer should not be allowed to make movies. :frown: But they will because they are appealing to a lot of people.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
I thought it was pretty good. What I think is a bad movie is Scary movie.

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
I thought the movie sucked. However thanks to a sad woman I scored...

Afterwords I still thought the movie sucked as bad as the woman.

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
Well I didnt think it was horrible.... actually the actual bombing was awesome. I still havent seen anything even come close in terms of effects.