So I finally found the trojan that was hiding on pc....

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
it's been there for months and I'm pretty sure they know ALL of my password/credentials for everythign now:laugh:

*prepares to nuke his pc and change everything*

edit: seriously though, what can one do but laugh in a situation like this....

Jun 4, 2005
A trojan is only a means to your information; nothing's to say someone actually exploited it.

EDIT: Don't you run a large network in your house? Your hardware firewalls probably caught any intrusion attempts.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
LOL so a few days ago I was having a few drinks with my room mate, then decided to turn on my laptop to do some surfing (I normally only use it for school so it's been off for probably 6 weeks or so) and I was just screwing around, and for some reason I decided to run netstat -a. I'm flipping through the results and I notice 3 connections to an AOL address on port 5190, so I start flipping out thinking that I've been pwned by some AOL script kiddie, I disabled my NIC then went on scanning for viruses, spyware etc. I re-enabled the NIC and the connection came back. Finally after probably 1.5 hours I realized that it was AIM. Yeah I felt pretty stupid after that lol

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: LoKe
A trojan is only a means to your information; nothing's to say someone actually exploited it.

I really don't have any logging software running....I was trying to run cactus to create an snmp trap for my routers and APs but never got around to finishing it :eek:

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Don't you run a large network in your house? Your hardware firewalls probably caught any intrusion attempts.

my setup.

It's nothign special sicne it only cehcks the few rules that I have. Frankly, I've paid mroe attention to bandwidth management than anythign else..I have a HELL of a lot of rules for THAT:D

Anyways, I have a fileserver that has been off for months for maintenance but once I get it up and running it will hopefulyl serve as a proxy and I will probably start using some form of an IDP..probably astaro since it is so cheap for me ( $50 :D)

I might as well buy astaro right now...it is worth every penny and I've used it practically everywhere..except at home:eek: I'll probably use it as a transparent proxy since my m0n0wall box takes care of everything else (QoS, network, routing etc)

Jun 4, 2005
Doesn't matter what you've put in place yourself; if you've got a router chances are it's hardware firewall is set up well enough top stop intruders.

EDIT: Oh, and idd you make that map yourself, or did some kind of software crawl your network and do it? o_O

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Doesn't matter what you've put in place yourself; if you've got a router chances are it's hardware firewall is set up well enough top stop intruders.

I know. mine is a really good one....its the software that I accidentally let in that got me:eek:

I usually know what I am doing online so until a few wekks ago I dodn't even have an AV thing installed this format-around ( finally got antivir)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Oh, and idd you make that map yourself, or did some kind of software crawl your network and do it? o_O

I made it myself using visio, but using snmp you can have apps make them for you...lot of $$ for that....

I still need to get cactai runnign though...it really kicks ass.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I run hardware and software firewalls and try to be careful about what I download.

I ghosted my fresh install and posts like this make me think it might be time to wipe the old C drive clean and restore that image although I am saving it for when real hell breaks loose, lol