So I decided to donate some hair

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Did the big chop today. Going to donate to Angel Hair For Kids.

Got the Lord Farquaad look going on but will be growing it back out again.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If you wear a ginger-wig what actually happens to your soul? ;)

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Congrats on the 35 year old woman hair chop! When you turn fifty, you can go for helmet head.

In was very nice of you to donate. :)

Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
@Red Squirrel - if your hair is thinning, I highly recommend Amazon basics, minoxidil foam. It's perfect if you either don't yet have any bald spots or at least ones that aren't yet completely bare.

Six tubes should last you 4-6 months and it's a little expensive at about 11 USD per tube, but a) the shit works and b) it stays wet just long enough to get it good and massaged into your scalp. You'll need to use it . . . . . EVERY . . . . . SINGLE . . . . . DAY . . . . . FOREVER . . . . but you'll have your hair and it will be thicker than it is now.

I'm fairly vain and nothing short of abhorrent when it comes to daily routines. Even so, I've been using it for about 4 years and my hair, when wet and poker straight easily hits the middle of my back.

I did start out the first couple of years using the dropper, but that's very difficult to apply evenly. I switched to the foam as soon as I spoke to another user.

But maybe you're into the shaved head + beard look. Cool, cool. U bee U. This is just fyi.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I think I'm ok so far, maybe receded a little and I may not be as thick as I was as a kid but so far I think I'm safe. When it starts to thin worse I think I will just deal with it. I don't really want to be reliant on using something like that for the rest of my life. I've read into the various options so I know a bit more about it when the time comes though.

My dad did lose his hair by 40 though, but if I look at my uncles on my mom's side I think I will be ok.