So, I cleaned my monitor for the first time in like 3 years...

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
It wasn't terrible disgusting like some I've seen, but it had transparent spots of stuff on the screen, but you couldn't really see them when it was turned on. Anyway, I took some glass cleaner and sprayed it on a cloth. Then wiped the monitor down... my whites are brighter and my darks are darker. :D

Who would have thunk it? :)

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Jugernot
It wasn't terrible disgusting like some I've seen, but it had transparent spots of stuff on the screen, but you couldn't really see them when it was turned on. Anyway, I took some glass cleaner and sprayed it on a cloth. Then wiped the monitor down... my whites are brighter and my darks are darker. :D

You just wiped off your anti-glare film!!!

- Never use alcohol, ammonia-based liquid, or aerosol spray to clean the monitor! These liquids will damage the surface of the monitor.
- Check the instructions before using any over-the-counter cleaning product for electronics. These products generally are designed for very specific uses and not all are safe to use on glass surfaces.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Glass plus wipes are your friend. I go through 2 - 3 cans of it a week for work.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

- Never use alcohol, ammonia-based liquid, or aerosol spray to clean the monitor! These liquids will damage the surface of the monitor.
- Check the instructions before using any over-the-counter cleaning product for electronics. These products generally are designed for very specific uses and not all are safe to use on glass surfaces.

Not once in three years I didn't... if you do it more than say.... a half dozen times, yes you are right. I used to be a Samsung reseller and periodically got tech sheets on all the monitors, as well as maintenance procedures direct from Samsung.

Anyway, it's an old monitor from 1999, so it's not some expensive new one.

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

not all monitors have anti glare coats on them. my 15in hasnothing on it for sure, i could clean it with windex, all i care. my trinitron has coating, only use dab of water and toilet paper