So I cleaned my desk and keyboard...

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So while I was finishing up cleaning up my apartment I decide to throw away the papers that was cluttering up my desk, and holy shit there are crumbs and mouse turds under all that mess. I had no idea that mice were getting under all that paper:mad:. But I haven't seen any mice since I had poison put down... But I guess that is good reason not to have paper piling up on your desk for awhile.

And looking at my Retro Keyboard with its typewriter looking keys caps, I could see all of the crumbs that were building up since I brought the thing. So remove the key caps and clean the board, took me longer to put the keys back on then it did to clean it and my desk.:eek:

Maybe I shouldn't be eating at my desk either.

So else eats at their desk while using their computer?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I do, but nothing oily, cruddy, or whatever. I hate having crap on stuff my hands touch. If I get stuff on my hands, I wash them before using my keyboard/mouse.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I do, but nothing oily, cruddy, or whatever. I hate having crap on stuff my hands touch. If I get stuff on my hands, I wash them before using my keyboard/mouse.
Considering that I paid a ~$100 for my keyboard I should be cleaning it more often. I think I will be keeping my desk in order from now on.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I sometimes start to get an accumulation of paper and crap too then decide it's time for a cleanup. No mice though thankfully. :eek:

Come to think of it I didn't get mice in the attic either this year. I still have no idea how they're getting in. I think it's through flashing somewhere on the roof or something. Never had any in the house but I'm sure if I did, my cat would just be watching them go by and giving them a couple paw taps.

The other day I was doing a cleanup in a closet, and found this:

Pretty sure that's from the days ATI was actually Canadian.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I eat at my desk while using the computer all the time, but I clean up after myself when I do.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Rat turds can spread nasty diseases, disinfect everything like a paranoid OCD.

Feb 25, 2011
Sitting in a room full of poop and it doesn't bother you? Sounds like you should probably be seeing somebody about your crippling depression.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Sitting in a room full of poop and it doesn't bother you? Sounds like you should probably be seeing somebody about your crippling depression.
I didn't know the mouse turds were under all that paper.

Rat turds can spread nasty diseases, disinfect everything like a paranoid OCD.
They were mice turds not rat turds. And yes I cleaned up very well.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Mice turds and poison? Under those circumstances, a clean keyboard wouldn't be at the top of my priority list - a new apartment would be. :oops:

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Mice turds and poison? Under those circumstances, a clean keyboard wouldn't be at the top of my priority list - a new apartment would be. :oops:
I didn't find mouse turds anywhere else while cleaning up my apartment. And I clean clean my keyboard after getting done with the desk.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I recently installed a furnace for a lawyers office. Of course the basemnt was jammed full of shelving units with lawyer papers in them...half of the folders and files were half eaten...it was disgusting. I had my share of mice infestations in my life. They are brutal.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I recently installed a furnace for a lawyers office. Of course the basemnt was jammed full of shelving units with lawyer papers in them...half of the folders and files were half eaten...it was disgusting. I had my share of mice infestations in my life. They are brutal.
Yeah to help prevent another mouse infestation, I took the plastic containers that snack mix comes in and instead of throwing them away, I just clean them out and now going to use them to put grains and other bulk foods in them.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Haven't had mice this year. I'm usually good for ~6 or so when cool weather comes. I'm thinking my outside kitties may be helping me out. I was hoping that would happen.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Zero mice since I moved into my house six years ago, and no mice in my apartment for four years before then. Had some one year in college; my roommate and I would trap them in a garbage can and throw them out our 3rd floor window. They always scurried away after landing.

Dec 10, 2005
But I haven't seen any mice since I had poison put down
That's no a bad way to kill indoor mice. I did that with a rat one summer in college - let's just say it died in the wall, smelled awful for ~1 week, then 2 weeks later, it was attack of the flies for a week