So how many of you still use Netscape 6?

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

oh....

oh.... You're serious? I'm still using Netscape 4.5!!! You know, PRE-AOL! :D

6.0 &quot;looked&quot; good. now if they can only make it work right. I'll wait for an &quot;official release&quot; and then I'll let you know.

What I did get to see with the NS6 pre-release blew chunks. Couldn't stand it's flakiness, but then again, it's beta software. It's GOING to be flaky.

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Nutscrape will never again reside on my computer, I'd rather browse with mosaic on a 286! HAR

Um, well thats not true, I have it here just to see if my webpages look like crap on it becaues its so brutal.

BRooks

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I use Netscape 4.7; I am hooked on Netscape Mail. I use Netscape Messenger as a news reader, too. Most of my browsing is done with IE5, but I dislike Outlook, so there is still a place in my heart for Netscape.
Until I met jonnyGURU, I thought I must be a looneybird for sticking with Netscape Mail. ;)

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
well, i still use netscape 4.7 for newsgroups and for some off the wall surfing, as well as to check how my pages look on both browsers, but im also waiting for the final release of netscape and give it a swing see how it goes, if read good comments about it.

on a side note, if you dislike all mainstream internet browsers, you can try Opera 4.0 final release, it is nice and only 2 megs in size. i really like it and it works quite well. ohh well, just my two cents on the options that are out there.

dam(http://www.opera.com)

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
IE 5.5 is still beta but I've been using it for months and I do not find it flaky.

BTW, I love Outlook Express 5. ;)

Listen To The Music (The Doobie Brothers)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Actually NSCP 6 crashed once on my Linux box, might have been because I left it on for a week and a half and was doing a bunch of stuff, or it could be flaky...........LOL

SHUX

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Not Netscape 6 - I played around with it the first day then uninstalled it - too many bugs. I still use 4.73 occasionally and for mail.

Prefer IE5.5.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
hey, anyone using Netscape 6, could you take a quick look at this page and tell me what you see? (My internet connection is to slow to dl Netscape6 plus I'm hopeing you can actually view my pages with this version)

http://www.celebrityhub.com/women/heidi_klum/

sprry for the OT post, but this is a great chance for me to get some webpage bugs squashed....or ignored;)

jyrixx

May 31, 2000
not a netscape fan.. 20_muleteam_borax, is a netscape fiend. oh well, i guess he'll learn

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
No Netscape for me thank you. I only keep it on my machines so I can test web pages. Netscape has a long way to go to catch up with IE.

PH

:p

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don`t use Netscape anymore either.
I prefer IE5 with Gravity as my Newsreader, and The Bat as my email proggy. :)