So...how long DO FedEx ground trucks stay out for delivery?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dderidex, Feb 7, 2005.

1. dderidex

dderidex Platinum Member

I've had a freaking package listed on the FedEx tracking site as "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" since 6:47am this morning - it's now 7:15pm. Should I be holding my breath? Or, did the truck go back to the barn for the night, to resume deliveries in the morning?

I mean, it's more than 12 hours, and I'm sure they have a lot of deliveries in a day, but the FedEx center for my town (where it shows it got on the vehicle from) is all of FIVE MINUTES from my house! (Literally, 5 minutes exactly).

Is there any way to get the phone # of the shipping center? (Bend, OR)

I know with UPS, if the truck didn't manage to deliver it that day, you could always call the center and arrange a pickup that night, the centers usually stayed open until 9pm or so.

I can't for the life of me find any kind of contact info for them on FedEx's site, though.

2. jagec

jagec Lifer

Mind you, as the guy CLOSEST to the fedex center, you'll get delivery LAST of all.

That said, I thought they usually did deliveries in the morning, then drove back to the center, unloaded, sent out the new packages, and loaded up for the next day.

3. dderidex

dderidex Platinum Member

Well, the FedEx site is being useless for offering any kind of help.

I can't believe none of their phone numbers listed can even GET to a live operator, either. Each number goes to a different automated system.

4. seanws

seanws Senior member

[nef]
    we should have a fedex/ups/usps/dhl nef thread thats stickied so everyone can complai about their least favorite shipping company in one place rather than having 50 of these posts a day.
    [/nef]

5. jagec

jagec Lifer

Or how about a "Shipper Issues" forum?;)

6. Xionide

Xionide Diamond Member

Its gone back to the den. You will probably see a "package not due for delivery" status and it will ship tomarrow. They do this just so you waste a whole day and take it in the ass for not paying more for their sh!tty shipping.

7. dderidex

dderidex Platinum Member

That's what I was wondering. Just don't know how FedEx ground works, so...

Out of curiosity, how late DO they stay out? And, can I expect the shipment *early* tomorrow, since it was supposed to be delivered today?

8. StevenYoo

StevenYoo Diamond Member

i've called them and asked the same thing.

the trucks are out until 7-8PM they say.

perhaps YMMV

9. intogamer

intogamer Lifer

I live a couple of streets down to the post office. My mx duo arrived at 5:30 at my neighbor's house. haha

10. Bolvangar

Bolvangar Golden Member

I've had packages not arrive till 9 pm before....

11. McCarthy

McCarthy Platinum Member

My Fedex drivers have never arrived later than 3pm, but I asked the UPS driver one night, around 9:30 at night, when his rounds were over. "Whenever I get done" is what he told me, and he seemed to be in a good mood, not some cranky reply. That's the latest I've ever seen though.

12. dderidex

dderidex Platinum Member

OTOH, this is Bend.

People are really, really, really, REALLY *LAZY* here. The 'pace of things' is driving my wife and I mad (we are from NE Ohio originally). People are just SO lazy, it's not even funny.