So how do they find holocaust victims to act?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
My roommates and I were talking about Band of Brothers tonite. We were wondering how they get actors that are so skinny to play holocaust victims. The people in the movie were rail thin, just like in Schindler's List. No way can it be makeup. Anyone know how the effect is acheived?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Here, I'll pay you $1000 a week to ingest nothing but water, oatmeal, and a multi-vitamin.

Viper GTS

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
My roommates and I were talking about Band of Brothers tonite. We were wondering how they get actors that are so skinny to play holocaust victims. The people in the movie were rail thin, just like in Schindler's List. No way can it be makeup. Anyone know how the effect is acheived?

thats why the actors guild was on strike recently, they were too poor to afford food....

StinkyMeat

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Here, I'll pay you $1000 a week to ingest nothing but water, oatmeal, and a multi-vitamin.

Viper GTS

I don't think this is too far off...

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Christian Bale for the Machinist ate 1 apple a day and smoke cigarettes.

He also put on a shit load of weight to play Dick Cheney.

If I was an actor, I wouldn't feel comfortable in this type of method acting. Some of these actors lock themselves up and go borderline crazy to capture a character and behave like them.