So, exactly HOW DOES a country defend against a coup?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Now that the truth has been exposed proving the crimes and corruption of Donald trump, and the house has now finished their hearings (pretty much), and the house impeachment will soon be referred to the senate, what if Mitch McConnell simply says THANKS, BUT NO THANKS?
What if Mitch McConnell refuses to conduct an impeachment hearing?
The scenario, Mitch McConnell's senate refuses to hold hearings while Donald Trump fakery claims he wants for the senate to hold hearings.
Donald can claim GO AHEAD, EVERYTHING I DID CONCERNING UKRAINE WAS PERFECT.
So, while Donald Trump pretends he wants the senate impeachment hearings to prove his innocences, Mitch McConnell simply refuses and blocks such hearings from happening by claiming THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SEE TO INVESTIGATE.
And thus no action from the senate, and thus the impeachment of Donald Trump ends in the senate before it even begun.

Here comes the coup part....
Or as it should be correctly pronounced, KOO.
Fast forward.... Joe Biden has indeed won the DNC nomination and, is that one democratic presidential candidate running one on one against Donald Trump.
Fast forward further to the fall in 2020.
It is only two weeks before the November election, maybe three weeks at the most.
All the debates have now concluded, Biden vs Trump, the smoke has cleared pretty much, and America awaits election night.
THEN.... with less than a few weeks remaining from election night, William Barr suddenly announces "concerns" of illegalities between Joe Biden, son Hunter Biden, and Ukraine.
And thus William Barr announces a new investigation into Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and Ukraine.
Rudy Giuliani then adds to the plot by claiming, undoubtedly on Fox News, that he Rudy Giuliani has indeed uncovered new corruption and illegalities conducted by Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and Ukraine.

Donald Trump with using his "all the presidents men" has now concluded exactly what Trump was accused of attempting.
Accused of attempting way way back in November of 2019.
The deed is done.

William Barr drops the bomb, Rudy Giuliani backs it up with adding his two cents worth day after day via Fox News right up to election night, and Donald Trump is re-elected because as with Hillary Clinton and that bomb dropped by James Comey days before that election.... people once again develop "doubts".
People have last minute doubts about the trustworthy of Joe Biden, while overlooking what Donald Trump has indeed now successfully pulled off.
Donald Trump and others have now successfully used lies and misinformation to sabotage the candidacy of Joe Biden thus resulting in the re-election of Donald Trump.
I call that a coup.
A successful coup.

Donald Trump broke the law, conducted high crimes and misdemeanors, Mitch McConnell refused to do his job, Donald Trump and Giuliani are then free to finish what they had begun, William Barr makes the announcement only days maybe only hours before the election, the voters develop last minute doubts, and Donald Trump becomes the 46th president of the United States.
And remember.... becomes not only the 46th president, but also with a fully Donald Trump packed US Supreme Court, a corrupted attorney general, a corrupted personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, a corrupted and highly devoted republican controlled US Senate all at his bidding.
Have I missed anything?

And this is the same guy and the same administration that will make all the laws, impose all of their agenda, for the following four years.
Is that a coup? I think that is a coup.
So I asked, exactly how does a country defend against a coup?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Now that the truth has been exposed proving the crimes and corruption of Donald trump, and the house has now finished their hearings (pretty much), and the house impeachment will soon be referred to the senate, what if Mitch McConnell simply says THANKS, BUT NO THANKS?
What if Mitch McConnell refuses to conduct an impeachment hearing?
The scenario, Mitch McConnell's senate refuses to hold hearings while Donald Trump fakery claims he wants for the senate to hold hearings.
Donald can claim GO AHEAD, EVERYTHING I DID CONCERNING UKRAINE WAS PERFECT.
So, while Donald Trump pretends he wants the senate impeachment hearings to prove his innocences, Mitch McConnell simply refuses and blocks such hearings from happening by claiming THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SEE TO INVESTIGATE.
And thus no action from the senate, and thus the impeachment of Donald Trump ends in the senate before it even begun.

Here comes the coup part....
Or as it should be correctly pronounced, KOO.
Fast forward.... Joe Biden has indeed won the DNC nomination and, is that one democratic presidential candidate running one on one against Donald Trump.
Fast forward further to the fall in 2020.
It is only two weeks before the November election, maybe three weeks at the most.
All the debates have now concluded, Biden vs Trump, the smoke has cleared pretty much, and America awaits election night.
THEN.... with less than a few weeks remaining from election night, William Barr suddenly announces "concerns" of illegalities between Joe Biden, son Hunter Biden, and Ukraine.
And thus William Barr announces a new investigation into Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and Ukraine.
Rudy Giuliani then adds to the plot by claiming, undoubtedly on Fox News, that he Rudy Giuliani has indeed uncovered new corruption and illegalities conducted by Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and Ukraine.

Donald Trump with using his "all the presidents men" has now concluded exactly what Trump was accused of attempting.
Accused of attempting way way back in November of 2019.
The deed is done.

William Barr drops the bomb, Rudy Giuliani backs it up with adding his two cents worth day after day via Fox News right up to election night, and Donald Trump is re-elected because as with Hillary Clinton and that bomb dropped by James Comey days before that election.... people once again develop "doubts".
People have last minute doubts about the trustworthy of Joe Biden, while overlooking what Donald Trump has indeed now successfully pulled off.
Donald Trump and others have now successfully used lies and misinformation to sabotage the candidacy of Joe Biden thus resulting in the re-election of Donald Trump.
I call that a coup.
A successful coup.

Donald Trump broke the law, conducted high crimes and misdemeanors, Mitch McConnell refused to do his job, Donald Trump and Giuliani are then free to finish what they had begun, William Barr makes the announcement only days maybe only hours before the election, the voters develop last minute doubts, and Donald Trump becomes the 46th president of the United States.
And remember.... becomes not only the 46th president, but also with a fully Donald Trump packed US Supreme Court, a corrupted attorney general, a corrupted personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, a corrupted and highly devoted republican controlled US Senate all at his bidding.
Have I missed anything?

And this is the same guy and the same administration that will make all the laws, impose all of their agenda, for the following four years.
Is that a coup? I think that is a coup.
So I asked, exactly how does a country defend against a coup?

You are experiencing freedom opinion again.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So don't nominate a shithead like Biden.

Gotta agree here.. his son taking that job was stupid even if not illegal and some of what they're saying will stick.

So gotta run with someone else. Bernie is honestly the best bet despite being old and having the heart attack.

Reactions: cytg111

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
By soliciting, no, make that demanding and holding funds as ransom, demand they investigate your political opponents.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
A coup means the end of political discourse. The solution is the use and application of force.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Even if he could (and I don't think he can constitutionally) why would McConnell NOT have the impeachment trial? He will ram it through quickly with a minimal of evidence and debate, defeat it with his solid GOP majority. The GOP talking point between now and the election will be impeachment was a political ploy to defeat the "will of the people" (for a minority elected President).

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Wouldn't any successful coup require strong support of the Nation's Military?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Warren, Yang or Sanders would demolish him. Add Pete to that list when he can figure out how to appeal to a single black voter.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Unfortunately this. Tell me again why anti-2A folks want to get rid of guns?
They believe that the system will always work. Therefore, if the immediate threat has a lone-nut active shooter profile, we need to get the AR-15s off the street.

Of course, anyone could always follow John Brown's example and raid federal armories. And you would likely see the military split into two factions.

As for the issue of Trump and violence, Trump has been inspiring violence since before the inauguration. How close does it come to a physical act, to massacre the Truth? And how much can people take, or what is their limit, when the Chief Executive ("so-called") advantages every single opportunity to turn Truth and Common Sense on their heads?

I've been warned on this site about just "wishing" for the remake of an old 8mm film. Did you ever see the fairly recent film "Drive" with Ryan Gosling, Carrie Mulligan and Ron Perlman? Every time Trump appears on TV and enrages me, I imagine myself in Gosling's place when he kisses Mulligan for the first and last time as they ride the elevator together with a third party -- who doesn't exit that elevator at the end of the scene.

Never had such thoughts about Ike. Nor about Nixon. Nor about Reagan. Nor Bush 41 or 43.

They mostly treated the opposition with some semblance of respect. They didn't advocate police banging the heads of people they apprehended. They didn't say Nazis were good people too. They didn't say a lot of things the Trump-Monster says.

They didn't massacre the Truth, even if here or there, they selectively tried to cover it up.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots"

Thomas Jefferson knew WTF was up:

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
A coup means the end of political discourse. The solution is the use and application of force.

A coup indicates that the perps forced the system to fail so that they could take over. It's been a favorite of right wing authoritarians since forever. It's when Capitalists decide to take over.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
By voting him out of office in 2020.

Providing that integrity & faith in our elections is maintained. Remember that time Trump claimed there were millions of illegal votes even when he won? Imagine what he'll say if he loses.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Unfortunately this. Tell me again why anti-2A folks want to get rid of guns?

Because it's the people with the guns who not only want to overthrow the government and burn it all down but it's also the gun owners who are quick to enact tyranny, not stop it.

Tyranny will come at the point of a gun carrying a bible and wrapped in a flag.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots"

Thomas Jefferson knew WTF was up:

the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure.

The context of the quote is more important and relevant to today's crisis than the quote itself. The ill-informed are a danger to democracy.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, exactly HOW DOES a country defend against a coup?

- I think your Intelligence services busted out. Trump IS the coup. Maybe it wasnt stopped in its tracks cause "common it will never happen" and then it passed a threshold, gained momentum where it was too late to do anything about it.

Trump is compromised going back at least a decade and no adult stopped the thing.

Common, Fox is a blight on the system as well. How do you defend against a coup? Start by shutting obvious propaganda efforts down. You are all hurling at Facebook and Cambridge Analytica ... How about FOX ?