So everythime i want to play a game i have to fire up the huge fan pointing into my case :|

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: dug777
My passively cooled 9550 (never buy an XpertVison card, even if it is half the price of the next brand) needs a big ol desk fan, on full speed settings..otherwise it just crashes my app/game..at stick speeds :| And i really hate having a huge fan going sounding like a leafblower and blasting cool air about my legs :(

Needless to say it's a refund job :p

You?

My power supply is insufficient to run my rig with the additional Drive and controller card I just added, so I had to unplug drives to play anything...
I'm putting off buying a new power supply, because I kind of want to down size my case at the same time so it fits better into my new armoire, looking forward to the drop in large screen prices, so I can hopefully mount a large LCD in it...

pic

It would fit a 32" screen perfectly.

but I need to find a case that's under 17" and there's not a huge selection...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: djheater
Originally posted by: dug777
My passively cooled 9550 (never buy an XpertVison card, even if it is half the price of the next brand) needs a big ol desk fan, on full speed settings..otherwise it just crashes my app/game..at stick speeds :| And i really hate having a huge fan going sounding like a leafblower and blasting cool air about my legs :(

Needless to say it's a refund job :p

You?

My power supply is insufficient to run my rig with the additional Drive and controller card I just added, so I had to unplug drives to play anything...
I'm putting off buying a new power supply, because I kind of want to down size my case at the same time so it fits better into my new armoire, looking forward to the drop in large screen prices, so I can hopefully mount a large LCD in it...

pic

It would fit a 32" screen perfectly.

but I need to find a case that's under 17" and there's not a huge selection...

Mine finally died after i added a SBLive! 24bit-in the middle of a d3 session ;)

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
I knew someone that had this problem.

They built up huge arms from holding the case into a fan while gaming. Perhaps that hard solder mod from 750 to 1G was not so smart after all. Five years ago already gee!

Some people think "New Cats Out - time to upgrade!" has a different meaning.

That's quite an ESD nightmare if you ask me. Perhaps the cat is low static because the silica gel kitty litter dried his furry tush off? I dunno.