So does anyone still play Planetside?

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I first played it near the end of beta, liked the game and bought it the first day it came out. After playing for a few weeks, I just got so bored that I quit before my first free month was over. The game lacks any sort of main goal. It's basically attack base, hack, repeated over and over. Not to mention all the bugs and crashes I and everyone else were getting. I will say that it did have great potential and the graphics were pretty good but the $13 a month and capturing/losing/capturing bases started to bore me to death.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
sounds like every other MMORPG out there. If there was an eventual end then you'd stop paying the monthly fee once you beatit.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'm not talking about an eventual end, I'm talking about achieving a goal. For example, 1 week the TR's goal would be to raid a VS island and the winner gets a special weapon. I know that everyone gets bored eventually but from reading a couple PS message boards today, it seems that thousands of people have already dropped the game. People are complaining that their isn't any big battles anymore because a lot of the folks quit/left.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
If there was an end to MMORPG then they'd make no money. People would post hints, walkthroughs, etc. and it would ruin them. People could finish the game in their first free month.