So do you think this post was demeaning to someone?

Candymancan21

Jun 8, 2009
This is funny, i have been posting on forums for years and years now and this is the first time i have ever gotten warned for something as stupid as this. I recently joined an Astronomy forum because i bought 10" telescope. I posted on a guys review for a 10" telescope from a different brand saying that i agreed on his bad points about the scope and thats why i bought the other one. The admin thinks that was a insult and warned me lol.

Basically at the end of the review he made a Seperate page saying he didn't like the telescope because it used tension springs to hold it down so when you move the scope it made alot of noise.

Here is his little warning pretty stupid huh ?

Candyman, I deleted a post you made . It was demeaning to the AF member who started the thread. I don't recall the exact wording.

Take a look at your response to jasontimmer's review of his XT10: "Thanks for the review. You bad points is why i decited to get a Zhumell instead. Its more updated scope when it comes to those Springs you mentioned. It uses Bearings instead and it can support more weight."

Not he nor anyone needs to know why you think his choice is inferior to your choice. We here at AF are here to encourage and assist one another.

Do you see your comments as encouraging? Have you made his day brighter? It is really poor taste to emphasize the negative about someone's choice. Do you know the saying, "If you haven't something good to say, don't say it"? It applies here. Correct the behavior or you WILL be "shown the door".

BobDob

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
after rereading that post 4 times, I gotta say bobdob needs to remove the stick from his anus.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: scorpious
Mods are people too.

Glad to see that the Mod-Bot v3.8 release is working as promised.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Candymancan21
This is funny, i have been posting on forums for years and years now and this is the first time i have ever gotten warned for something as stupid as this. I recently joined an Astronomy forum because i bought 10" telescope. I posted on a guys review for a 10" telescope from a different brand saying that i agreed on his bad points about the scope and thats why i bought the other one. The admin thinks that was a insult and warned me lol.

Basically at the end of the review he made a Seperate page saying he didn't like the telescope because it used tension springs to hold it down so when you move the scope it made alot of noise.

Here is his little warning pretty stupid huh ?

Candyman, I deleted a post you made . It was demeaning to the AF member who started the thread. I don't recall the exact wording.

Take a look at your response to jasontimmer's review of his XT10: "Thanks for the review. You bad points is why i decited to get a Zhumell instead. Its more updated scope when it comes to those Springs you mentioned. It uses Bearings instead and it can support more weight."

Not he nor anyone needs to know why you think his choice is inferior to your choice. We here at AF are here to encourage and assist one another.

Do you see your comments as encouraging? Have you made his day brighter? It is really poor taste to emphasize the negative about someone's choice. Do you know the saying, "If you haven't something good to say, don't say it"? It applies here. Correct the behavior or you WILL be "shown the door".

BobDob

You should have said

"Thanks to your fabulous review, I was able to weigh all of the positive marks you made and make a more informed decision on my purchase. Unfortunately, the device you reviewed had xyz flaws, etc.."

Attack the product, not the poster.

WAIT.

where did you attack the guy? You said he made bad points?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Repost the message from the Mod in that forum and ask everyone to quote it before the moron can remove it. When mods do that type of thing they don't like the members to know they did it because they know they shouldn't have. Your days are done there anyway because he already seems to have it in for you. No reasonable person would ever treat you that way based on that post. Since you are most likely don athere anyway you may as well go out with a bang.