So.... Do I Report it or Not?

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
I like watching the road rage / angry people youtube videos to pass the time when I'm at work. A couple of times I've even noticed Michigan license plates, etc, and once saw a high speed police chase video that went by where I used to live. Pretty wild.

Today thought I saw a Michigan plate and said 'cool' and rewatched the video. Then I noticed a watermark from the video originator (I was watching one of the thousands of compilations). I went to his channel - and actually recognized some of the roads he was riding. He was lane splitting at high speed, blowing red lights, causing general mayhem, and even gets into a police chase in one of the many videos.

With a little detective work (left turn, right turn.... freeway entrance) and the help of google street view I was actually able to locate the home he lives in and get his address. This guy is a menace - and one of his videos already has a crash he caused. He was also stupid enough to accidentally get his bike's license plate in the camera view, so I have that too now.

I'm strongly considering notifying the local police about who he is, and letting them know he has a youtube channel. The idiot is putting lives at risk after all.....I think I'll report it tomorrow morning.

TDLR: Saw crimes on youtube, figured out who was comitting them. Do I report the info to the police?

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
sure, why not report it? it's not like "oh he accidentally blew a red light"....it's "he's going to cause more accidents by being a reckless asshole". if the cops think it's worth pursuing, they will.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I would. I'd write it up nicely with specific links/street references and hand it to them with a figurative bow on it.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Yeah, I've kind of made up my mind that I'm going to report it. Thanks guys. Once it is done with I'll give you guys the links here so you can see what I did. Frankly I'm kind of proud - finding it by guessing at overhead views on google maps was a in a thousand chance.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
My wife and I have come close to calling 911 a number of times in recent months when behind or around erratic drivers. One kept weaving back and forth crossing the center line and getting into the rumble strips on the shoulder. Doing that once is nothing, twice starts to get my attention but this person was doing it over and over and over.

It's tough to know what the right thing is to do and it's rural enough out here that the police most likely won't find the person when they can get into the vicinity.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
My wife and I have come close to calling 911 a number of times in recent months when behind or around erratic drivers. One kept weaving back and forth crossing the center line and getting into the rumble strips on the shoulder. Doing that once is nothing, twice starts to get my attention but this person was doing it over and over and over.

It's tough to know what the right thing is to do and it's rural enough out here that the police most likely won't find the person when they can get into the vicinity.

I've called in a few times if someone is particularly dangerous - one was bad enough (going completely into the opposing lane) that I followed while updating 911 until they turned off into a parking lot. I'm not sure it's ever resulted in anything, though.

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
anyone who is stupid enough to post video of themselves breaking laws really needs to be reported

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Call me what you like. I've seen too many stupid people cause too many tragedies that affect others to let it slide.

Do what you think is right. Nobody here is actually invested in the outcome, righteous as they might believe.

tweakmonkey

Mar 11, 2013
tweak3d.net
He rides a motorcycle and rides like a total asshole? I'd just wait a few months and this problem will take care of itself. Hopefully he's an organ donor.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The word snitch is a tool of immoral people. Anybody who asks you to keep something they did wrong a secret does not deserve your loyalty.

It's an observation of the obvious. The participants judge others quite a bit more than I judge them.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
It's best to read all posts before responding, incl the one above yours.

Your comments are nonsensical. I (and others) are being judgemental of someone who is illegally putting people's lives at risk.

You might as well try to make me look bad for calling Hitler a Nazi. Yeah, I invoked godwin, just because you're being that stupid. Go troll your boat elsewhere. I'm done with you.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Your comments are nonsensical. I (and others) are being judgemental of someone who is illegally putting people's lives at risk.

You might as well try to make me look bad for calling Hitler a Nazi. Yeah, I invoked godwin, just because you're being that stupid. Go troll your boat elsewhere. I'm done with you.

If you were so convinced of this, why create a thread seeking validation from people who're provided even less relevant details of the situation?

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
If you were so convinced of this, why create a thread seeking validation from people who're provided even less relevant details of the situation?

Because sometimes posters seek input on doing something inacase of unintended consequences. The whole "no good deed goes unpunished."

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Because sometimes posters seek input on doing something inacase of unintended consequences. The whole "no good deed goes unpunished."

That's good point he should probably do it anonymously. Ha ha I'm a snitch enabler.

Newfangle9

Sep 23, 2012
I'd like to say that if an idiot is trying to kill himself, why should I interfere, but on the other hand riding like that in traffic can easily injure or kill someone else. It also generates a crap ton of motorcycle hatred, so report his ass quick like.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
wow what a piece of shit. that kind of rage, surprising he's lasted this long.
Ok, because I like being an OP that "delivars".

Here's the idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzV1RDDt7ak

Here's him leaving his driveway.
https://youtu.be/hchtFXcK3mg?t=1m11s
Time of 1:11 shows his driveway. Since he's local that's all I needed.

Here's a google streetview of his house and address.
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6968021,-83.0152716,3a,75y,275.22h,75.69t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1swmXv3EXOVDvW13sZa9BXiQ!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=wmXv3EXOVDvW13sZa9BXiQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=37.27558&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

And yes indeedy, the police were very interested in it.