SO DIMM to PCI Ramdisk Adapter?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I have a bazillion gig (okay, maybe around a thousand gig) of random SO DIMM's; everything from DDR333 to DDR3. I was looking for something to experement with, and was hoping there was an adapter card or something I could use to turn some of the ram into a ramdisk.

The nearest I could find was the Gigabyte i-Ram; but that is super hard to find and is for desktop ram and not SODIMM's. I suppose I could use a SO-DIMM to LO-DIMM adapter but that only lets me use 4 sticks (limited to 1 GB each). I want to make a 100+ GB ramdrive to mess around with; so I would need around 20 to 50 SODIMMs to be mounted.

I'm not bored enough to make a custom board (mostly because it would take me many years probably), but has anyone seen anything that may work or have ideas on making something like this work?

ArisVer

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2011
Search for memory (riser) boards on ebay; they are made for servers and workstations usually and take the desktop/server RAM. Maybe you can use the adapters you said. They are about the same as the one you found, but some are made only for memory (not to be used in a system with a riser board). I have send you a PM with some links as I don't know if ebay links are allowed.