So did they discontinue the DoubleSight DS-263N?

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
so it has been completely removed from pricegrabber, it is listed as deactivated on newegg, and the only site that was selling it still i could find was amazon, and for 80 bucks more than most places. buy.com had it listed for 707 but it was sold out. and so, the ultimate question, is this monitor discontinued? and if so does anyone want to sell me one used :D

IlllI

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2002
thats odd. i think i saw it in stock at newegg last week.. around 600 i think

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
They are out of stock, the 263N is being replaced by the 265W. ETA on the 265W is August 1.

o2brew

Feb 26, 2004
According to wikipedia

The pros/cons of the H-IPS over the S-IPS:

Pros:

* Much less backlight bleed.
* No purple hue visible at an angle
* Backlight bleed improves looking at an angle
* Less noise or glitter seen on the panel surface (smoother surface)

Cons:

* Still some backlight bleed in areas that are green.
* Viewing angle is narrower.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
You're right. It's not on Newegg's site anymore. I just got my second one from them delivered last week.

Deinonych

Apr 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Wreckem
They are out of stock, the 263N is being replaced by the 265W. ETA on the 265W is August 1.

Yes, and the changes are purported to be cosmetic only - new bezel and possibly an adjustable stand. According to DS, they'll be using the same LG H-IPS panel in the new model. Hopefully, it will have the same A-TW polarizer that made the DS-263N so popular.

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
whew thank god. i was totally flipping the hell out thinking it was completely discontinued. i guess i will just buy my parts for my new rig first then instead. i currently have $700 for one or the other, but my current monitor is dying and i really wanted to get this specific panel. however, since i ALSO wanted a new rig (ram cpu mobo, see sig), i figure i will just get that instead and put some extra cash aside once i find myself a new job now that my college is out for summer.