So craigslist is about full of people selling new TVs for hundreds over retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Didn't think that there was any profit margin in buying black friday deals and selling them for $100 over amazon price...

Also I guess it's the sign of times if you're willing to camp out for hours in the cold to try to make 100 bucks that way. Don't really see the point.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
Some people enjoy bargain hunting even if it is a losing proposition.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
It's also full of people that will either flag any car ad because its a better deal than their ad or after they make an offer and want to prevent anyone else from making a better offer. It was to the point where I had to repost my ad 5 times over 2 days.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Not surprisingly, considering people actually pay $181 for a used A64 X2 in 2009....So they must be suckers out there.

sivart

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
...so craigslist is about full of idiots selling and suckers buying....

There are people selling used LG 42" LCD's (720p) for $700+....some people. It's the, "I paid $1500 3 years ago, it will last 10 years, so it must still be worth at least $700" mentality.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
It's also full of people that will either flag any car ad because its a better deal than their ad or after they make an offer and want to prevent anyone else from making a better offer. It was to the point where I had to repost my ad 5 times over 2 days.

I sold our car earlier this year. It got removed probably 20 times over the course of a week and a half. Long story short, someone ended up giving me full price, sight unseen, and the buyer was in AZ (I'm in MA) so all I had to do was meet the trucking co. when they picked it up from my house. Maybe my price was that good? Haha. Anyways, back to the point, CL flagging can be just as harmful as it is good. My ad got pulled several times a day while other peoples' ads spammed multiple regions without repercussions. Lame.

Dec 10, 2005

Weird. The last time I sold a car (a 1997 Ford Taurus) on Craigslist, it didn't get flagged once and I got several responses over several days. But that was about 3.5 years ago, maybe CL wasn't filled with as many assholes at that point.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Weird. The last time I sold a car (a 1997 Ford Taurus) on Craigslist, it didn't get flagged once and I got several responses over several days. But that was about 3.5 years ago, maybe CL wasn't filled with as many assholes at that point.

I sold a '99 camry recently, it was very high mileage and had a few issues (nothing mechanical, bad clear coat, burned out window motor, etc) so I wasn't asking for much. I guess the people looking at cheap cars are more ridiculous. I had one guy who completely low balled me, left and then text messaged me 30 minutes later to say his offer still stood. I messaged back that I would let him know in a week if I didn't get any more offers. A few minutes later my ad had been flagged. I wonder how that happened :rolleyes:

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006

Yeah, popularity brings out scores of assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.