So close yet so far away.. 4.9Ghz

jkresh

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
thought it was the i7 for a moment (5ghz on that without phase or dry ice would be incredible), what voltage do you need to keep it at your 4.2 (and is it orthos (or 4-8 thread prime95) stable)?

Rick James

Feb 17, 2009
Originally posted by: jkresh
thought it was the i7 for a moment (5ghz on that without phase or dry ice would be incredible), what voltage do you need to keep it at your 4.2 (and is it orthos (or 4-8 thread prime95) stable)?

1.4v

The 4.9ghz was not stable at all. I was just seeing if she would get to 5Ghz but i'm satisfied with the results. :) The best stability i've had with this chip has been 4.88Ghz. I can run games and benchmarks with it.

Those results were with a Coolit Freezone elite and a 58 degree ambient :) I left the window open all night and it was ice cold in the computer room so i said what the fuck and went for it.

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
Yeah, that is genuinely sick. Problem is, we'll be sending a rescue expedition to dig your frostbitten body out of your Polar computer room. GET BACK TO BASE CAMP NOW! :D

Glenn

Oct 10, 1999
LOL, I remember doing that about 10 years ago to get 550MHZ out of a celly 366! It worked too!:beer: (until the sun came out!:sun:)

Originally posted by: Rick James
Originally posted by: jkresh

1.4v

The 4.9ghz was not stable at all. I was just seeing if she would get to 5Ghz but i'm satisfied with the results. :) The best stability i've had with this chip has been 4.88Ghz. I can run games and benchmarks with it.

Those results were with a Coolit Freezone elite and a 58 degree ambient :) I left the window open all night and it was ice cold in the computer room so i said what the fuck and went for it.