So bloody sick of Comcast!! readme...

MIDIman

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Are there any other providers at all in MD 20906? I'm so sick of this junk! Is there a business that I can complain to about their service?

I moved in to my new apt Sat 14th. I called Comcast Monday June 16th. They scheduled and came to my place Sat June 21st...could not install cable because there was supposedly no feed coming to my apt ("bad MDU drop"). I rescheduled for the cable to get into my apt on Sat June 28th, and the installation on Sun June 29th...they never came the 28th (I waited during the time slot, but afterwards, I was told I didn't have to be there anyway), and so on the 29th, they still couldn't install cable. I rescheduled for Thurs July 3rd to definitely have a guy come out and install both. They sent the same old comcast guy, who still can't install cable because there's no feed to my apt...aparently the "SWAT team guy" was on vacation in South America or something...I rescheduled for yesterday Tues July 8th, in which he was guaranteed to be back in the states. This time (and I called two times during my 5-8pm slot to make sure he was coming), no one showed AT ALL!! So I yelled at them some more, they said they'd call within the hour - they didn't, so I called back, yelled some more, and their solution, since it was now 10:30pm and the supervisor had already gone home, was to reschedule me now for the 12th.

I have no literally wasted 30-36 hours of my time on this company, and I still have NOTHING. WTF kind of customer service is that?!

Thanks for reading...

MIDIman

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Joeyman
here's some cheese :D

Sorry just venting...

My main reason for not getting DSL is 1) I don't want to install a phone, which I understand is required, and 2) Comcast has a promotion for $20/month for the rest of the year on internet and $20/month for digital cable for the next three months.

Of course, seems kind of pointless if they won't install anything...already lost a month of the internet promotion.

MIDIman

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
I sent in a request to the BBB.org - not sure if that will help any...

What's a good lead from the CO for speedy DSL service? I'm seem to be 4,950 ft from the nearest CO

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Call the corporate office and tell them that you are going to write an editorial as well as contact the local television station's consumer abuse department.

MIDIman

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Just wanted to mention that three hours after posting to the BBB and sending the BBB reply I had received to various comcast e-mail addresses, I received a phone call from HQ saying that there would be someone to come out and install everything tomorrow afternoon! ;) Throughout this entire ordeal, I think that's the ONLY time they've ever actually been productive. Apparently, the only way to get service is to go to things above and beyond the company itself...what a bunch of crock! I did request no charge on installation and at least a month free of internet/cable, and she seemd fine with that.

Guess we'll see if its even any good anyway...