So, ATOT, what are you planning on spending the 3rd round of Coronabucks on?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
If nothing else, if you don't care about the money, you could use it order food from local restaurants and have it delivered to assisted living facilities, shelters, etc. Then you can help the needy and support restaurants in a trying time that's happening now, instead of being "one day" donated to the needy, or inherited :)
I already donate ~150 meals a month and donate stocks yearly (massive tax savings over selling stocks). I have been doing so for many years.

I have started ordering takeout more often for myself and my wife since the pandemic hit. And I triple my normal tips at restaurants (even for takeout, they get triple the tip that I would have done in the restaurant). But, I decided to do those long before the stimulus checks came around.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Come on man... this is stimmy money! You're supposed to spend it on something frivolous to boost the economy... or something.
My computer died during the power outage last week. Does replacing the computer count (assuming that I can ever find computer parts in the shortage)?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I already donate ~150 meals a month and donate stocks yearly (massive tax savings over selling stocks). I have been doing so for many years.

I have started ordering takeout more often for myself and my wife since the pandemic hit. And I triple my normal tips at restaurants (even for takeout, they get triple the tip that I would have done in the restaurant). But, I decided to do those long before the stimulus checks came around.
Wow, and you still qualify for the stimulus? Well done :)

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Wow, and you still qualify for the stimulus? Well done :)
I'm a DINK (dual income no kids) in the low-cost-of-living midwest. We are both relatively frugal (drive cars into the ground and favorite hobbies are nearly free) and thus make way more than we spend. We got some but not all of the first stimulus. They are still debating the income thresholds for this stimulus last that I checked. I don't know if I'll qualify or not.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Buy some new living room furniture from a local store; ours is beat to death to the point that I'm a bit embarrassed having even family over. Will try to avoid Chinese crap. I'd go all American from a nearby store, but that adds about $1K to a couch, love seat and captain's chair. We got a $1K Christmas check this year from one of our parents - so with stimulus bonus we have about $3800 to spend. We could buy some really nice furniture with that, but the Mrs. want's some reclining seats - we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I can't think of a single thing I want I can't just go out and buy today. There aren't even any frivolous purchases I want that "free" money would enable.
Same.
And even if it were the case, i don't plan on spending money i don't have on me.

Nov 8, 2012
Won't buy anything, but what I'm currently debating is if there will be a 4th stimmy check down the line later this year. If so, I need to file a tax extension and delay filing as long as possible.

Basically I qualify for some of the stimmy check with my 2019 income (thanks to income reductions like 401k's and hsa.) 2020 I made significantly more bank, so if I file and they base it on 2020 I wouldn't get shit.

Lately I've been getting my 3 year old into videogames so I bought a Nintendo Switch and some mario games.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I'll probably have to pay for some legal advice because of the BS I have to deal with.....
Not fun but necessary.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'll probably have to pay for some legal advice because of the BS I have to deal with.....
Not fun but necessary.

We NEED details! :p

(all kidding aside sorry to hear that... never good news!)

Last edited:

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I would actually get something this time since I made less in 2020 than I did in 2019. Side note - I filed my federal taxes last week and already got the refund in my checking account, and I was able to claim part of the stimulus recovery credit.

I don't have plans to buy anything I wouldn't normally buy. I'll just throw the majority of it (tax return and potential future stimulus payment) into my investments.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm so disappointed no one is going to use their stimulus money on some weed and hookers. That's what I would do if the government gave me some free money. You get to smoke and fuck with government money.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm so disappointed no one is going to use their stimulus money on some weed and hookers. That's what I would do if the government gave me some free money. You get to smoke and fuck with government money.

uh, I do spend mine on weed, lol. (like, 5% of it)

But I'm also going to pay a local dude to detail the car. I think.

Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Pft I already spend enough of those. Pandemic hit I decreased elsewhere. On food? Sure I can skimp. Housing? Yep. Hookers and blow? Never!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Now that I think about it... if we hire the hooker to play board games with us, does that still count? Or does there have to be sexytime to fulfill the "weed and hookers" quota?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I bought two tickets to see The Weeknd in Chicago at the United Center and two nights at a nice hotel to crash at before and after the show. Should be a good time.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
5y32jgotbwu01.jpg