So, are we allowed to have a picture in signatures now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2008
I've seen a couple members with a CPU-Z validation in their sig, is it just that one thing that is allowed, or none at all?

It looks like this:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Well you have to admit its a lot neater than those lengthy hardware spec listings in peoples sigs.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I mentioned it but have gotten no responses so far. Will try again.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Okay. We talked and the concensus is that images in sigs make things look rather unprofessional and cluttered. We didn't think the CPU-Z image was particularly bothersome, but then some other site that has something similar but a little bigger and flashier comes along and why can't I have one that goes to MY website and what's wrong with a picture of my new puppy, car, baby and so on and so on. There also exists too much capability for malicious redirection - similar to url shorteners - that could transport you and your computer to places you never wanted to go. :eek: I'm pretty sure none of us want to have to monitor images to see if they are linked and to check just where those links take anyone who clicks.

Short version: no images in sigs at this time.

If you see any, please click on the report post icon so we can ask the member to remove them.

Thanks for bringing this to us and we hope you understand our position. Agreement with it would be even better and would make us happy and happy mods are lenient mods. :)

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for the clarification.

I saw it on two members who had low post counts in consecutive days, on a I believe a sticky thread, but I'll report if I see it again.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I don't suppose there's any possibility of allowing one particular set of images in sigs? (Besides smilies of course. :)) CPU-Z images would be good. Even better would be if the main AnandTech site brought back "My System Rig" and created their own sig images. :D

I'm living in a fantasy world, aren't I? :(

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I don't suppose there's any possibility of allowing one particular set of images in sigs? (Besides smilies of course. :)) CPU-Z images would be good. Even better would be if the main AnandTech site brought back "My System Rig" and created their own sig images. :D

I'm living in a fantasy world, aren't I? :(
"...but a little bigger and flashier comes along and why can't I have one that goes to MY website and what's wrong with a picture of my new puppy, car, baby and so on and so on."

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I'm not suggesting allowing img tags in sigs. I'm suggesting new tags, e.g. [mysystemrig]314159[/mysystemrig], that would import small (Edit: AnandTech-branded) images like the CPU-Z image.

One forum I frequently visit doesn't allow img tags - even in posts - but they added and do allow [youtube] tags. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
D'oh. And here I thought it was nice and clean looking. :(

I can understand from the Mod's perspective though, especially about redirects and people feeling entitlement to use images other than CPU-Z, simply because they're being allowed. I guess I'll remove mine now. :\

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
D'oh. And here I thought it was nice and clean looking. :(

I can understand from the Mod's perspective though, especially about redirects and people feeling entitlement to use images other than CPU-Z, simply because they're being allowed. I guess I'll remove mine now. :\

Thanks!You can link to the info at that site in your sig, just not use the banner image.

Status
Not open for further replies.