So anyone here with the Lapband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Long story short I was 41 and had been fighting my weight for 20 years and had lost! I was 350 lbs the morning of my surgery in Aug of last year well I hit 80lbs down today and wow the Band has been the best thing I ever done!!!

That crazy hunger I had died the day of my surgery, so I was just curious if any people here have had the Band installed.

Oh and BTW should reach my goal of 120lbs lost by this Christmas woot!!!

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I have to admit, Im looking into it myself. I like that the lapband is not permanent and doesnt cause a drastic physiological change to your body. Just trying to get up the courage to see a dr. about it.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
You sound like an infomercial.

lol just happy it works, it has gone way beyond my expectations! Oh and if any of ya have any questions feel free to pm me

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
you should definitely make an appearance in the "post your username backwards" thread if you haven't already done so.

but does this thing really work? what does it do?

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
isn't it like a huge rubberband u put around ur tummy to fight hunger?

WA261

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Gratz on weight loss.

My wife's cousin had this done. She got a blood clot and died....serious, no shit.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
She got a blood clot and died....serious, no shit.

Well I guess that can happen from any surgery, bummer!!!

BTW its a simple surgery they scope you and it only takes 35 min go home the same day, back at work in 4 days :)

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
It's a reallly good way to lose weight if you've tried al ot of other methods. You can still "eat through it" and actually bust the band so still takes some self control on the part of the patient. I think studies say the gastric bypass is a little more successful d/t some physiological changes but its also higher risk and patients have to take supplements afterwards for the rest of their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.