So...Angola Bans Islam - Wut?

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Came across this today: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/11/angola-reportedly-bans-islam-destroys-mosques.html

haha.. Angola bans Islam - destroys mosques in order to "protect" their country.

Much like Japan (although unofficially).

Wish other countries would come to their senses and do this as well as banning the other desert cults Judaism/Christianity.

Abrahamic-free world (and no communism) = free and peaceful world. :)

Can't argue with you there. Though people will always find an excuse to kill each other. Less religion would at least be less ignorance.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Pretty easy to see that the international community will be up in arms to condemn Angola for this.

Why not ban all religions, period?

Most are westernized, pacified. One is not. Islam is pretty easy to single out.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011

The usual straw to deny the fact that westerners are litteraly
looting muslims s countries natural ressources since hundreds
years and counting , ty picaly a supremacist and looter at
the same time argument..

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I find it hilarious that people want to ban the free exercise of religion (ie, you want to band people believing in things you don't agree with), in the name of freedom. Are you really so dense as to not see the irony in this?

I'm all for keeping religion out of politics and out of the laws, but a very basic tenet of freedom is the freedom to believe whatever you want. Now if the jihadi nutcases want to take away the freedom of others based on their nutty beliefs, then you take action on that, not ban religions.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
the same time argument..

stfu already. everyone steals from everyone. muslims still enslave, westerners steal resources, europeans came here and killed most of my people (american indian). the worlds a fucked up place.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Pretty easy to see that the international community will be up in arms to condemn Angola for this.

As they should be. I understand that Angola sees the threat of these wackos and wants to do something about it, but banning a religion isn't how you go about it.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Abrahamic-free world (and no communism) = free and peaceful world. :)

Only an idiot would actually think that without abrahamic religions the world would be any more free and peaceful. Religions are simply a tool used by people to justify and rationalize evil behavior. Without it, they would no doubt simply use other things, as history has shown us thousands of times.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I find it hilarious that people want to ban the free exercise of religion (ie, you want to band people believing in things you don't agree with), in the name of freedom. Are you really so dense as to not see the irony in this?

I'm all for keeping religion out of politics and out of the laws, but a very basic tenet of freedom is the freedom to believe whatever you want. Now if the jihadi nutcases want to take away the freedom of others based on their nutty beliefs, then you take action on that, not ban religions.

Yes they are that dense.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I will post after Incorruptible comes in here to chastise Angola for this blatant restriction on religious freedoms.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
As they should be. I understand that Angola sees the threat of these wackos and wants to do something about it, but banning a religion isn't how you go about it.

Agreed in principle. The problem with that is extremists will seek out sympathizers of their faith in their host nation and turn them into extremists, get them killed ala martyrdom and exploit the revenge factor to recruit even more candidates from the pool whose children, grandchildren, etc. etc. will perpetuate the "tradition". In this way by allowing the right to practice any faith one desires, that host nation also allows an easily accessible source of potential extremists right in their midst.

I'm not suggesting in any way that I prefer complete exclusion or complete religious freedom. Rather, I'm just offering a likely possible scenario that developing and third world nations with fragile governments can and will get exploited that way. Too, in a stable developed nation such as ours, it's very unlikely that some outside force can impose their theocratic ideology en masse.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
How are we stealing resources we're paying for?

Well that s not the topic but stealing through imbalanced
terms in trades is how everything work , not only between
countries and corporates but also between individuals within
a same country...

Back to topic seems that someone wants to promote
and advertise what is mainly a supremacist and racist site,
apparently PN is a place of choice for all kind of hate spreaders
and other backwards characters...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
the same time argument..

They wish to maintain their supremacy against the supremacist threat from a foreign "invader".

We sacrifice the Bill of Rights on the altar of security, why shouldn't others do the same?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
ORLY?
Wikipedia said:
war soon broke out across the country, accompanied by the ethnic cleansing of the Muslim Bosniak and Croat population....The Serbs received the support of Christian Slavic fighters from countries including Russia.
Well, OK, that was almost two decades ago. But this wasn't.

But, surely, Buddhism, although it's not "Westernized", is peaceful, right? Right?

On the other hand, I notice that Islam was involved in almost all these incidents. I'm not quite sure what that means. :hmm:

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

This. The common sense view. Increasingly rare these days for certain, but nice to see it now and then.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Jesus christ, we made it this far without anyone trying to find a more valid source than fucking Jihad Watch? The story is false, fake and bogus. Link.

FWIW, I wish it was true. Bulldoze the mosques, spray the rubble with pig blood and burn the Korans.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011

This times a thousand. Also I find watching people becoming their oppressors to be absolutely delicious. It's almost as good as instant karma.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
the same time argument..

We are not 'looting' we are trading. It isn't our fault they have corrupt governments that hoard the wealth for themselves.

Banning religion is an antitheses of American ideals.

Last edited:

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I find it hilarious that in this modern day and age that people still believe in angels, demons, and weird mystical gods and whatnot. I mean, wtf. To my mind that seems so primitive it defies belief. Like a caveman starting at a fire and thinking it's alive. But hey, if people want to do believe in that junk then who am I (or the govt) to suggest otherwise. Banning religion is fascist to the extreme. It's much better if intelligent people just mock it for the pre-historic superstition that it is.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well that s not the topic but stealing through imbalanced
terms in trades is how everything work , not only between
countries and corporates but also between individuals within
a same country...

Back to topic seems that someone wants to promote
and advertise what is mainly a supremacist and racist site,
apparently PN is a place of choice for all kind of hate spreaders
and other backwards characters...

So it's the buyers fault that the seller is too stupid or corrupt to sell at a higher price?

Oh, and if you have a problem with debate and different opinions, maybe you should just leave. Moron.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I'm beginning to think the government should enforce religious laws......

But only on the part of the population that believes in that religion.

Maybe we should have the IRS auto deduct people's tithe's automatically. Whatever their pastor, priest, etc says it should be. :hmm: