Discussion So airline employees slut shame a passenger.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So two Jetstar female employees told a woman waiting in Sydney Airport that she can't share a seat with her boyfriend and she wouldn't allowed to board dressed like that. And oh, she will have wait in another area since she can't sit in the boarding gate. :rolleyes:

From looking at her pictures, I don't think that she was dressed in a manner warranting the slut shaming or did anything wrong with sitting on her boyfriend's lap. What is up with this slut shaming of young women in public, who are not dressed in any provocative clothes?:rolleyes:

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
In sydney? Weird. If anything Australians tend to be way more open about sex and nudity than in the US.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
In sydney? Weird. If anything Australians tend to be way more open about sex and nudity than in the US.
I'm guessing the the two employees are not Australians? Or if they are, they are members of some sect that frowns on anything they consider to be immodest dress

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Theres sitting on someones lap because theres no seats and theres a different sort of "sitting on someones lap" which involves the straddling mentioned in the article. Ones ok in a crowded airport lounge and one isn't.

Feb 4, 2009
Theres sitting on someones lap because theres no seats and theres a different sort of "sitting on someones lap" which involves the straddling mentioned in the article. Ones ok in a crowded airport lounge and one isn't.

Kind of agree, these short stories tend to be presented differently that what happened.
I highly doubt someone from the airline was happy to bring this up to two customers.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Agreed. Slut shaming is certainly wrong.

But depending on the context, being dressed like that and sitting on your boyfriend's lap can also be "wrong."

Nov 20, 2009
I would have that woman that some four hundred pound female ox wearing the same thing. So, I guess if you are going to ban on wardrobe then imagine the consequences of not.

• Wow
Reactions: whm1974

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Honestly she looks like she is dressed in pajamas. There is no law against that but seriously, you're not sitting on your couch at home alone, you're out in public, how about making an effort to look presentable?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Honestly she looks like she is dressed in pajamas. There is no law against that but seriously, you're not sitting on your couch at home alone, you're out in public, how about making an effort to look presentable?
Sweatpants... :rolleyes:

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
The airlines have a huge problem, Ive been saying this for years. They need to be more accepting of sluts.

We all need to be more accepting of sluts and I'll go first. I have a fifth of bourbon and some microwave popcorn, sluts are welcome to come over and share it. No guys no matter how slutty you are. Gotta draw the line somewhere.