Snowblower drive belt slipped off. Cant get the damn thing back on.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
http://pdf.lowes.com/operatingguides/841821032883_oper.pdf

Its a Kobalt 22 inch 80 volt model and its a pain in the butt.
There are no shear pins (took me a while to figure that out). If anything gets over-torqued its the belt, which simply breaks. And its impossible to get back on.
Mine didnt break, it just slipped off.

Goes between a large plastic pulley and a small metal one. Doesnt wanna go back to its rightful place. manual is not very helpful. says to turn the large pulley and slip it back on. that doesnt work.
took the pulley off and tried stretching the belt over. that really doesnt work.

How have you guys been able to pull a difficult belt around a pulley?

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
http://pdf.lowes.com/operatingguides/841821032883_oper.pdf

Its a Kobalt 22 inch 80 volt model and its a pain in the butt.
There are no shear pins (took me a while to figure that out). If anything gets over-torqued its the belt, which simply breaks. And its impossible to get back on.
Mine didnt break, it just slipped off.

Goes between a large plastic pulley and a small metal one. Doesnt wanna go back to its rightful place. manual is not very helpful. says to turn the large pulley and slip it back on. that doesnt work.
took the pulley off and tried stretching the belt over. that really doesnt work.

How have you guys been able to pull a difficult belt around a pulley?
Put the belt in some hot water to make it more pliable.

As hot as you can stand.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
flat.
and very strong.

I may need to take it to a shop and have a big burly bear man do it.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Get it just started on the larger cog and while holding it on, have someone else turn the blades.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Put on rubber gloves for max grip, slip it over one pulley then start the side on the other pulley. Grab that pulley with your hand around the area the belt is started on and your other hand on the opposite side of the pulley, then turn the pulley. Eat your wheaties that morning. ;)

mary-lou-retton-boc[1].png