SNL tonight, WTF???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
meh. they could have done a much better job, they're not using morgan or parnell nearly enough.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Alright, it's officially over, and it officially sucked.

Agreed. I haven't been this bored by SNL in ten years or so. And 50 cent truly sucked.

I think they should start by rolling Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon's smug and unfunny heads out the door. My opinion of course. :p

jamison

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2001
SNL has gone so far downhill it is ridiculous. The question is, do they know it sucks so bad?

I heard somewhere that they have at least 50 peices every week and then reduce it down by selecting the ones they like for the show. HOW CAN THERE BE ~30+ BITS WORSE THAN WHAT MAKES IT ON THE SHOW? I just can't imagine it...

The only person I find amusing is Tracy Morgan, he really cracks me up sometimes, but he hardly ever gets time on the show.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jamison
SNL has gone so far downhill it is ridiculous. The question is, do they know it sucks so bad?

I heard somewhere that they have at least 50 peices every week and then reduce it down by selecting the ones they like for the show. HOW CAN THERE BE ~30+ BITS WORSE THAN WHAT MAKES IT ON THE SHOW? I just can't imagine it...
Wow. That stuff must be really bad.

A lot of these skits reek of "that was pretty funny Tuesday night at 2AM" or "this one had Fallon, Kittan, and two of our anonymous cast members ROFL when we read through it while sitting around stoned in the meeting".

Maybe they should try writing while sober during daylight hours. It couldn't hurt at this point.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
last night was terrible.

Though the class scene where the professor was returning papers was funny.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
The Count Chocula Silver thing was funny I thought. And the comment about Franken berries for women or something to that effect. Morgan, Mya R, Fallon, Parnell, & Meyers are the only ones who really crack me up anymore. What ever happend to Brian Fellows?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Staley8
The Count Chocula Silver thing was funny I thought. And the comment about Franken berries for women or something to that effect. Morgan, Mya R, Fallon, Parnell, & Meyers are the only ones who really crack me up anymore. What ever happend to Brian Fellows?

Horatio Sans is still my favorite. (Especially in those "Jeffrey's" skits....PM me if you haven't seen those, I got 'em both.)

KeyserSoze