SNL best cast member Tourny

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: torpid
Eddie Murphy wasn't THAT funny on SNL. I mean sure, it's freakin' eddie murphy, but his SNL skits weren't substantially more funny than those of will ferrell, unless I'm forgetting some of them.

Murphy stood out more though, he was the only reason to watch for a few seasons. He probably kept the show from being canceled.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Eddie Murphy wasn't THAT funny on SNL. I mean sure, it's freakin' eddie murphy, but his SNL skits weren't substantially more funny than those of will ferrell, unless I'm forgetting some of them.

James Brown's Celebrity Hot Tub!

One of my favourite skits of all time. :thumbsup:

KT

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Bill Murray needs some love! That was the toughest vote but I don't like to see him losing, even to Hartman.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Farang
Bill Murray needs some love! That was the toughest vote but I don't like to see him losing, even to Hartman.

I agree. Bill is down 4 votes...

i love Hartman- one of my favorites, but Bill Murray is the better comedian. I don't mind him losing to Hartman though. Just as long as someone beats that pigslop Will Ferrel. Who is voting for him? He is so incedibly unfunny. I remember how bad the show got when he joined SNL. I stopped watching it after he was on for a year or so b/c it was so terrible and unfunny. They had some crap on then.. and I guess they still do.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

Yeah that JB impression is so funny. He really did a ton on SNL. Very talented and very diversified. you can't forget Hymietown, How to Be a Ho, and infiltrating White Man society

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
WTF Eddie Murphy vs. Amy Poehler and Eddie only has 75% of the vote? Wow, people are idiots. :frown:

KT

women's vote

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: spittledip

KT

Yeah that JB impression is so funny. He really did a ton on SNL. Very talented and very diversified. you can't forget Hymietown, How to Be a Ho, and infiltrating White Man society

Also Ebony & Ivory, so classic: http://www.jibjab.com/view/93879

KT

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Final 4:

Phil Hartman vs. Ferrell Dog

Belushi vs. Farley

Hartman is winning by 20% thankfully

Belushi is winning by about 30%

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's sad that 3 of the final 4 are dead. :(

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs
It's sad that 3 of the final 4 are dead. :(

KT

So... you're saying you wish Will Ferrell was dead? :Q :p

Indirectly, yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. :D

Actually though I'd rather swap the other three for him.

KT

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
i love Hartman- one of my favorites, but Bill Murray is the better comedian. I don't mind him losing to Hartman though. Just as long as someone beats that pigslop Will Ferrel. Who is voting for him? He is so incedibly unfunny. I remember how bad the show got when he joined SNL. I stopped watching it after he was on for a year or so b/c it was so terrible and unfunny. They had some crap on then.. and I guess they still do.

If you quit watching after Ferrell's 1st season you missed some very funny skits like:

More Cowbell
Celebrity Jeopardy
Harry Carey
Janet Reno's Dance Party
Actors Studio
Robert Goulet Doing Gangsta Rap
Neil Diamond on VH1 Storytellers
The Boss From Hell

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazee

If you quit watching after Ferrell's 1st season you missed some very funny skits like:

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos.../snl-more-cowbell.html">More Cowbell</a>
Celebrity Jeopardy
Harry Carey
Janet Reno's Dance Party
Actors Studio
Robert Goulet Doing Gangsta Rap
Neil Diamond on VH1 Storytellers
The Boss From Hell

I'd never seen the Neil Diamond bit - funny!