Snicker. A buddy of mine sent me this story involving the son of one of his friends

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Clerk helps nab suspect
By MIKE CRUZ/Staff Writer

HESPERIA ? When Phaeton Hunter walked into Rocky's Mini Mart around 1 a.m. Tuesday, deputies said he was looking for a little more than a late-night snack.

The 27-year-old Hesperia man tried to recruit the night clerk, Andrew Yasenovsky, to play along in an armed robbery of the convenience store near Main Street and Maple Avenue, said Detective Jim Evans. If the clerk would let Hunter get away after the robbery, Hunter promised to reward him with a share of the loot, according to Evans.

The clerk agreed and then promptly called the Sheriff's Department. Deputies immediately put the store on surveillance.

Sure enough, Hunter returned about an hour later with a bandana over his face and demanded cash from the register by simulating a gun in his baggy pants pocket, Evans said.

Deputies called Yasenovsky to make sure it was the same guy he had talked with earlier, and he confirmed it, Evans said. Yasenovsky put $267 cash into a bag and handed it to Hunter, who then ran from the store.

But as soon as Hunter got outside, deputies were waiting with weapons drawn and arrested him, Evans said.

Hunter was booked into West Valley Detention Center on suspicion of robbery and burglary. Bail was set at $50,000.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the weird part.
This note was attached to the Email.

By the way, Rockies MiniMart of Hesperia fired my son Andy this morning as a "thank you" for apprehending this robber...

Go figure!!!

Andy (Dad)

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
He was fired for the act of calaborating with and handing over $257 to the robber I suppose.

:confused:

rolleye.gif

Confused

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
If that's the way Rocky's Mini Mart treats their employees I'm never shopping there! Oh, that and the fact I am a couple thousand miles away.

Shaftatplanetquake

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
That is complete and utter sh!t. I spent 6 months in Hesperia, I know right where that store is. If I ever return I will steal some gas or something from them.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: azazyel
Let me guess, it was supposed to be his day off?
yes, the clerk was quoted saying: "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Shaftatplanetquake
That is complete and utter sh!t. I spent 6 months in Hesperia, I know right where that store is. If I ever return I will steal some gas or something from them.

You mean because he turned you in?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That guy probably won't be in incarcerated for too long. Isn't his son worried about retaliation? That may be what the MiniMart folks are thinking about.

Oh well, he should be able to find employment quick enough with that on his resume.