Discussion SNF: Patriots 33 vs Steelers 3

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Sunday Night:

Patriots
Steelers

Good Sunday Night opener. Maybe Tom Brady's last year.

Any games worth watching during the day?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Patriots look good....Steelers look surprisingly bad.

Can't say I'm surprised by tonight's outcome except I would maybe have expected Pitt to get in the end-zone at least once!

Antonio Brown ... just what the Brady-bunch needed... :rolleyes:

Both Big Ben and Eli should have called it a career.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The OP needs to update the title. Final score was 33-3. (as if 30-3 isn't bad enough) :(

Reactions: Captante

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Awe, missed this thread. Where the Steelers sniffing glue before the game?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Can't say I'm surprised by tonight's outcome except I would maybe have expected Pitt to get in the end-zone at least once!

Antonio Brown ... just what the Brady-bunch needed... :rolleyes:

Yeah that is going to be a potent WR bunch. Brady has got to be pleased with his options

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Surprised a lot by this outcome. Pats are very tough to beat in NE, but I thought the game would be a lot closer. Obviously the Pats aren't as dominating as they looked in this game, or the Steelers as bad. I still think NE will miss Gronk in the tougher games, both for his blocking and his clutch catches. The receivers looked good, but Gordon is a suspension waiting to happen and Antonio Brown may be suspended before he ever starts. I am a pats and Brady fan, but I think he should have retired and gone out on top after last year's super bowl.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yeah that is going to be a potent WR bunch. Brady has got to be pleased with his options

Brady appears to have been working a lot on hit arm this off season. He had some excellent throws with range and accuracy and top form, looks like he's ready to be hitting those WRs more often (depending on opposing team's skill at coverage).

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Brady appears to have been working a lot on hit arm this off season. He had some excellent throws with range and accuracy and top form, looks like he's ready to be hitting those WRs more often (depending on opposing team's skill at coverage).
Yes, I was surprised by his accuracy (and the number of) on the deep throws.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Obviously the Pats aren't as dominating as they looked in this game, or the Steelers as bad

Better hope the Ravens are not as good as they looked either
*(if a Steelers/Browns/Bungles fan) or the AFC Central may get ugly early.

I'm so sick of NE .... :rolleyes: