SNES handheld

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I just heard in the 'Lik-Sang was driven out of business'-thread that a SNES handheld exists! :D
I want one! Could anyone provide me a link or just give me the name? I seriously want one, and I've been contemplating buying a couple of SNES'es, hacking them up and making a handheld myself, but seeing how I'd probably fail, I'd rather get the finished product :).

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i just read in Wired, there's a handheld emulator that could play NES, SNES, etc. it got so-so reviews and i forgot the name.......but i'm sure someone here knows.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: iamme
i just read in Wired, there's a handheld emulator that could play NES, SNES, etc. it got so-so reviews and i forgot the name.......but i'm sure someone here knows.

Oh, you mean the GPX2 or something? I looked into that, but it's waaay too expensive.. :(

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
I have the GP32 (not X2, much cheaper) which I mostly use to run emulators - NES, SNES, various Sega systems, arcade games, etc. Its legal if you still have your old game cartridges.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Atheus
I have the GP32 (not X2, much cheaper) which I mostly use to run emulators - NES, SNES, various Sega systems, arcade games, etc. Its legal if you still have your old game cartridges.

I don't, but I wouldn't have a single problem with purchasing them. Thanks, I'll look into it :). In the mean time, keep em coming :).

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Ooh, it's still kind of expensive.. And all I need is a SNES player.. It's nice that it can play MP3's and XviD's, but I wouldn't use that, anyway.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Vegitto
Ooh, it's still kind of expensive.. And all I need is a SNES player.. It's nice that it can play MP3's and XviD's, but I wouldn't use that, anyway.

I have a GP2X and an VERY happy with it. But if all you want is SNES emulation, hold off, it's still a bit immature.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Well, NES and SNES, preferably. I can't find the handheld NES anywhere :(. I could just get a second hand NES and SNES, but then I'd only be able to play at home :(. I want to play it everywhere :p. I'm not the kind of guy that would go out and get a DS or PSP (although I must say Mario DS and Mario Kart DS rock!) and play them (and it's not just because I'm too poor :p). I just want an old thingie, I had a NES and a SNES when I was way younger, and I loved them. PS(X/2/P) games confuse me.

AnMig

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
pocket pc + emulators.

Some pocket PC's have crappy buttons (recessed) and not ideal for button mashing.

your on your own in finding the roms

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: swtethan
i had a snes handheld back in 1998, it was called gameboy pocket.

:D That thing doesn't even have the capabilities of the NES.

There is a SNES emulator for the DS, but I'm not sure how mature it is.

And of course the PSP, but that's crazy expensive.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Both are too crazy expensive for me. I can probably get (S)NES games for really cheap, it's the console that costs me the most. Since I loved the NES and SNES, I want a portable version. I don't want to pay for anything more, or anything less.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: Vegitto

I have a GP2X and an VERY happy with it. But if all you want is SNES emulation, hold off, it's still a bit immature.

How much does the GP2X cost?