Snakehead Fish found in Maryland that can Walk on Land

dpk777

May 4, 2001
"The snakehead, a native from China that grows up to 3 feet long and can crawl across land, was discovered this summer by a fisherman in a pond in Crofton, Maryland, raising fears that it could devastate local fish populations. "

So you could be driving down the street and hit a fish?

cool =)

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: dpk777
"The snakehead, a native from China that grows up to 3 feet long and can crawl across land, was discovered this summer by a fisherman in a pond in Crofton, Maryland, raising fears that it could devastate local fish populations. "

cool =)

this has been known for a few months now and wtf is cool about it?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
No, not cool.

They're killing the entire pond to get rid of the damn things.

Viper GTS

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
What, were you reading CNN's archives? This has been in the news for weeks now. This fish is dangerous because it has no preditors here, so it has the possibility of wiping out entire populations of fish and animals. Not cool at all :(

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
If it's in a pond, then how did it get in there? Somebody throw their pet fish in there?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SagaLore
If it's in a pond, then how did it get in there? Somebody throw their pet fish in there?
Thats exactly what happened. A guy threw in a few of them because he wanted to get rid of them.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Although I hope none of them show up in any of the water on my land it would be cool to bow fish for them. I used to fish with a bow regularly but only in water.

Stalking/hunting a fish on dry land would be great sport. Using the barn cats as hunting 'dogs" would be fun to.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
To keep this from being a repost of a repost... ;)
Last week they also discovered these fish in some NC rivers... some fishermen caught them and didn't know what they were.