SMOKIN!!! Clear Lake (South Houston) Fry's IS NOW OPEN!

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Thats right, the Clear Lake Frys is about to open, its going to be like a second black friday for those of us that live here. I happen to know someone that got a job there ;), and I will try to keep this thread updated with any changes!

I just got a call from my friend, the store is OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!
GO GO GO GO!!!!
PSA: This is just the "soft" opening, the grand opening will probably be in january sometime.

farscapesg1

Apr 15, 2003
Whoohoo!! Even though i live North of Houston (up by Conroe), I'll be there opening day for the deals.

Here is to hoping that they have some great ones like they do at other Fry's grand openings.

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Thats right, the Clear Lake Frys is about to open, its going to be like a second black friday for those of us that live here. I happen to know someone that got a job there ;), and I will try to keep this thread updated with any changes!

sweeeeet...i live in clear lake, and i'm tired of driving all the way up north to go to fry's...can't wait!!!

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
I live in Kingwood, and I'm going to try to go, what day is the 12th? I hope its a Saturday or Sunday.

ViciousV

Dec 17, 2003
Originally posted by: TooChill
What about the 59S/Beltway location? Anyone heard a specific date?

I've seen construction on that place, but doesn't look like it's complete yet, but then again, this was a month ago and they put up buildings in no time these days. Who knows, maybe Christmas???

Treyshadow

Jan 31, 2000
I'm moving to Missouri City thanksgiving weekend from Austin. I love our fry's and I hope the ones there are at least as good.

hypaspazz

Nov 13, 2004
Please keep us posted. I live in Corpus but I am willing to drive to Houston if the deals are good. Ever since I moved from Sugar Land I have been missing my monthly dose of Fry's.

NuNuNYC

Jan 6, 2004
Is Fry's ever gonna hit the East coast? Hmm. I wonder how much the franchise is to start one up.. Maybe I can get enough funding to start one in NY....

hypaspazz

Nov 13, 2004
Every city over 1 million people should have a Fry's. I have been to the stores in California and the one store in Houston (soon to change) and they are both mad houses at all hours of the day. The regular prices are not so awesome but the weekly deals often beat mail order and there are no rebates to send in like Worst Buy.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
They need one out here in Katy. Everyone in Houston know that's where all the action is.

farscapesg1

Apr 15, 2003
They need one up around 1960 also. That way I wouldn't have to drive all the way to West Road.

However, I am glad that the other stores will be opening. Maybe that will thin out the crowd at the first store in Houston.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Its on the corner of Kobayashi @ I-45, if you are coming from the north the easiest thing to do is make a U turn at FM-518 and head back up the frontage road.
Getting in and out is going to be hell until the Nasa Parkway Bypass is finsihed, It will run infront of the store, Kobayashi runs behind it.

APB

Feb 7, 2003
I dropped by the location yesterday and spoke with someone there. They said that they hope to open sometime this weekend (12/10-12/12).

FYI The person I spoke with (Superintendent or something like that for the GC) said that they will not advertise initially...just word of mouth at first. I figure that they are probably trying to make sure that their employees have the hang of things before they get a flood of people due to adverts.

Here's the info so you can call and see if they are, in fact, open:

Fry's Electronics
21300 I Hwy 45, Webster, TX 77598
(281) 338-1762

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
yep i spoke with the person i know that works there today, she said that the soft opening should be this weekend with the grand opeing being a week or 2 later.

InterpolAgent

Dec 7, 2004
crack & apb...are you sure? i drove by today and an employee told me it would be next week 12/17. can anyone else confirm?