Smallest Style EATX Case?

ZIONGates

Mar 20, 2007
I'm looking to build a new system with a Tyan Tempest i5400PW (S5397) and I need the smallest case possible which I can stick in a few hard drives and a dvd burner.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Generally, the Chenbro SR105xx series is the smallest (about 17.5"H x 23"L - the ones w/o doors are a bit shorter like 21"L) EATX case I'm aware of. And here is the link to its page: http://usa.chenbro.com/corpora...1features.php?serno=18 . I have only seen the 68/69 versions (replaces the xx in the model number above) as readily available in the States. I have an OEM version made for Alienware when they tried to crack the workstation market. It's available - PM me if interested. Here is a pic:
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-...ation-black_lo-res.jpg. The main difference from the standard models is a custom bezel/door assembly which has mesh panels in the door for better cooling, the door has pantograph hinges so the door can park flat against the side of the case out of the way, and a front ports panel that is accessible thru a panel in the door (the standard models don't have front ports available at all, so you'd have to use a 3rd-party ports panel in a drive bay if you need front ports).. Here is a link to a current listing on fleaBay which has a few more pix of it.

It can take standard ATX form factor PSUs, of any reasonable length, and doesn't really require 600W and up unless your system does. Mini redundant form factor PSUs can also be fitted.

There are some other companies that make a similar form factor case, like Athena Power, but I prefer the Chenbro. All the others I'm aware of are an inch and a half or so taller and about the same length (like the Ark or i-Star pedestal server cases).

.bh.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I have a case that you can have for free, just cost of shipping (or you pick it up from 53144). It is really small, about the size of a small mid-tower. Used to have a dual Xeon board in it. Takes normal sized ATX PSUs and has spots for 120mm fans front/rear.

Only problem is that it is not "complete" but just the bare chassis. The exterior panels disappeared, and I'm not sure I even have the hardware like power switches and such. But, free is free. :p