Small monitor problem

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I have two monitors (usually connected to different computers), both with irritating disadvantages.

The monitor I usually use (Iiyama E2208HDS) - its only problem is that when it is in standby mode, it emits a regular and pulsing whining sound (I assume this is coil whine). I think the sound is getting worse, and/or my tolerance to it has decreased.

The second monitor is a bit newer (Iiyama E2282HS). Its only problem exhibits itself when I'm using my old trackball and its only method of page scrolling (middle button) - the text flickers when scrolling, making it unreadable. The first monitor manages this perfectly fluidly.

The first monitor's problem I'm unlikely to be able to fix since I neither have a soldering iron or the knowledge to fix such a problem (if it is what I think it is). I thought I'd ask about the second monitor's problem in case anyone has any bright ideas about how to go about fixing it. I've tried a factory reset on the monitor.

In case it helps, I use a DVI connection for either monitor.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Yup, 750Ti.

To be clear, I've never had both connected at once, I swapped the monitors today to avoid the coil whine when the first was in standby.

Feb 25, 2011
Ah. Okay. I've seen some scrolling flicker that changed or went away with different GPUs. Certain versions of Firefox had it bad too.

Does the flicker happen when using a scroll mouse? (You mentioned the trackball specifically.)

If it's not that, then the flickery text could just be a refresh rate or latency issue with the monitor. But the spec sheet on the E2282HS makes it sound like a fairly competent screen.