Small Aluminum Case for ATX?

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
So, I have a 650D right now, and while I really like the case, I was wondering if there are any similarly styled cases that would take up a smaller footprint. I was looking at the TJ04 but it seems to be only an inch smaller in each dimension.

Anything similar... either partly aluminum or fully aluminum, with a window, and would fit a full ATX board while being smaller?

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
That's actually right up my alley.. I wonder how their two fan setup cools. You could fit another fan in there, at least!

EDIT: Apparently Anandtech's review of the PC-A55 was less than stellar. The two fan setup chokes...

Last edited:

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
EDIT: Apparently Anandtech's review of the PC-A55 was less than stellar. The two fan setup chokes...

Would depend on your cooling needs. Running triple SLI and super overclocked CPU all on air cooling? Yeah, you're gonna need a bigger boat case. :p Running an undervolted dual core Intel socket 1155 using integrated graphics? You can probably safely leave out those two fans. AnandTech's review compares cases to each other. Obviously some cool better/worse than others.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I'm basically moving the SF setup from my sig into a new case. With an OC'ed 3570K and a 670, the A55B doesn't look so good.

I'm highly considering just moving into a good mITX setup, and ditching the PSU and motherboard. The SG08 has caught my eye lately, and seems to be a better cooling solution overall.