Smack that booty? Congrats, you go to jail!

Aug 25, 2004
While I may not condone such behavior, I find that filing charges is a bit extreme.

After hours of interviews with students the day of the February incident, the officer read the boys their Miranda rights and hauled them off in handcuffs to juvenile jail, where they spent the next five days.

Now, Cory Mashburn and Ryan Cornelison, both 13, face the prospect of 10 years in juvenile detention and a lifetime on the sex offender registry in a case that poses a fundamental question: When is horseplay a crime?

Bradley Berry, the McMinnville district attorney, said his office "aggressively" pursues sex crimes that involve children. "These cases are devastating to children," he said. "They are life-altering cases."

Text

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Zero-tolerance = zero common sense. This DA needs to be fired, disbarred, and put in jail for being such a fscking idiot.

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
"Life-altering cases"? This is why the American legal system fails.

life altering because now they are marked as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.. thats f'd up. the teacher that had them sent to the principals office is going to hell.. not to mention the people who decided they should be put in jail for 5 days

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: SpanishFry
imagine having to explain why you're on the offenders list all the time? :(

Yea that totally blows, i mean you already spent 5 days in jail at the age of 13 isnt that enough?

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Any where to donate for the defense... the justice system is ruining both the kids lives and their parents..

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
soon it will be illegal to have a penis and testicles in the US....glad I don't live there.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Serves them right. We need a strong deterrent for this kind of immoral behavior. The children, and their parents, deserve what they get.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I used to hold girls down and kiss them (when I was in the 4th grade). I guess that means I'm a rapist...:roll:

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Hacp
Serves them right. We need a strong deterrent for this kind of immoral behavior. The children, and their parents, deserve what they get.

my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning. is that a joke? :confused:

prosecutors with nothing better to do than to utterly destroy the future of a few adolescent boys who weren't thinking straight. show me a prosecutor who's been a goody two shoes his whole life. yeah. i thought so.

people like these ought to be fired from their jobs.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: EKKC
Originally posted by: Hacp

my sarcasm meter is malfunctioning. is that a joke? :confused:

prosecutors with nothing better to do than to utterly destroy the future of a few adolescent boys who weren't thinking straight. show me a prosecutor who's been a goody two shoes his whole life. yeah. i thought so.

people like these ought to be fired from their jobs.

There's the key! First its butt smacking. Next thing we know, they're going to be having underage intercourse.:confused:

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
#1 the prosecutors are morons for following through with this

#2 the teachers aide is probably some self-righteous do-gooder fresh out of college trying to apply the classroom tactics they learned in college....forgetting that sometimes, "kids will be kids"...not every naughty thing a kids does is a damn crime.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow. Just... wow.

No words.

Sick. That's what it is.

BEL6772

Oct 26, 2004
Originally posted by: TheGizmo

life altering because now they are marked as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.. thats f'd up. the teacher that had them sent to the principals office is going to hell.. not to mention the people who decided they should be put in jail for 5 days

Why is the teacher's aide that sent 'em to the principal condemned for eternity? Seems to me that the boys' behavior was inappropriate ... she was giving the principal a chance to correct it.

I think the trip to Juvie and the criminal charges are overboard, but I also think that the boys needed an 'intervention' to get them to change their pattern of behavior.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BEL6772
Originally posted by: TheGizmo

Why is the teacher's aide that sent 'em to the principal condemned for eternity? Seems to me that the boys' behavior was inappropriate ... she was giving the principal a chance to correct it.

I think the trip to Juvie and the criminal charges are overboard, but I also think that the boys needed an 'intervention' to get them to change their pattern of behavior.

They were running down the halls smacking girls asses. Oh noes!

What the fsck is the big deal?

I could see the problem if they were running around sticking their hands up girls' shirts, but this is ridiculous.

This is not a sex crime. These kids need detention for running down the halls and acting inappropriately, they do not need to be charged as sex offenders. :laugh:

My good lord.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
And when they drive while drunk and kill innocent people they'll get a 30 day suspension.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
That punishment is far, FAR too harsh.

I'd say suspension and if it upset the girl(s), an apology.

Of course, the last guy who slapped my girlfriends ass in public got a stomach full of my fist, but that's a different situation all together. :p

Moral of the story? Zealotry is disgusting, and don't be a god damned pig.