Slow sprawl of the picture on Diamondtron M2 - is it normal?

xpeter

Jan 3, 2001
I bought me recently the Iiyama HM704UTc with the Diamondtron M2 CRT and I noticed
that after I turn on my computer or after I wake it up of stand by mode it take about
5 minutes for the picture to fill the whole screen - about 3-5 mm from the left and right
side of the CRT there is an unused black space and only after about 5 minutes the whole
picture resizes to the edges of the screen.

I wonder is that something normal/common for Diamondtron M2 or Trinitron like CRT's
or is that a problem of the CRT?

Before I had Nokia 447ZiPlus which was non-trinitron CRT and I haven't noticed such strange
thing.

The_Lurker

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2000
Yup, that's pretty normal with most monitor nowadays. (Shadow Mask or aperature grille) I get that on all my monitors, and i asked about it and the technician said that it's just the monitor "warming up". This causes the icture to snap back to what you set it to the previous time u used your monitor. If you notice, turn it off, and then turn it on within about 10-20 seconds. You see that the picture is the same size, but if you leave it off for an extended period of time, it will shrink. So just give it time to warm up, and dont worry about it.